Blog: Wine Evolution 2005 - Update #1
Chris Brook-Carter | 31 January 2005
Along with Will Johnston, just-drinks’ commercial manager, I am here in Paris for the next couple of days, attending the sixth Wine Evolution conference. Internet connections permitting, I am hoping to keep you updated on the discussions and topics under debate at this, the leading wine conference in Europe.
This is the most popular Wine Evolution yet, with buyers, producers and suppliers from all around the world in attendance. This morning kicked off with two lively debates on the UK market and the different approaches to marketing by the Australians and the French.
Australia versus France is an annual battle here at Wine Evolution. The Australians try to tell the French how to put the brakes on the sales slide they are experiencing at the hands of the New World, while the French answer back by wringing their hands and crying that no-one understands them or their terroir. It’s often the same faces and certainly the same arguments that I have heard every year here in Paris - but it’s entertaining viewing nonetheless.
Keep checking this page for further, more detailed updates when the conference permits me to slip away and write them.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends