Blog: Wine Evolution 2005 - Update #1
Chris Brook-Carter | 31 January 2005
Along with Will Johnston, just-drinks’ commercial manager, I am here in Paris for the next couple of days, attending the sixth Wine Evolution conference. Internet connections permitting, I am hoping to keep you updated on the discussions and topics under debate at this, the leading wine conference in Europe.
This is the most popular Wine Evolution yet, with buyers, producers and suppliers from all around the world in attendance. This morning kicked off with two lively debates on the UK market and the different approaches to marketing by the Australians and the French.
Australia versus France is an annual battle here at Wine Evolution. The Australians try to tell the French how to put the brakes on the sales slide they are experiencing at the hands of the New World, while the French answer back by wringing their hands and crying that no-one understands them or their terroir. It’s often the same faces and certainly the same arguments that I have heard every year here in Paris - but it’s entertaining viewing nonetheless.
Keep checking this page for further, more detailed updates when the conference permits me to slip away and write them.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range