Blog: Wine Evolution 2005 - Update #1
Chris Brook-Carter | 31 January 2005
Along with Will Johnston, just-drinks’ commercial manager, I am here in Paris for the next couple of days, attending the sixth Wine Evolution conference. Internet connections permitting, I am hoping to keep you updated on the discussions and topics under debate at this, the leading wine conference in Europe.
This is the most popular Wine Evolution yet, with buyers, producers and suppliers from all around the world in attendance. This morning kicked off with two lively debates on the UK market and the different approaches to marketing by the Australians and the French.
Australia versus France is an annual battle here at Wine Evolution. The Australians try to tell the French how to put the brakes on the sales slide they are experiencing at the hands of the New World, while the French answer back by wringing their hands and crying that no-one understands them or their terroir. It’s often the same faces and certainly the same arguments that I have heard every year here in Paris - but it’s entertaining viewing nonetheless.
Keep checking this page for further, more detailed updates when the conference permits me to slip away and write them.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends