Blog: Wine company lets the train take the strain
Olly Wehring | 12 December 2006
Eating up time at a UK train station has always been a painstaking, awkward and often cold experience. Magazine, coffee, muffin - check - but how about some wine tasting? What better way to protect your insanity in the event of a delay than to enjoy the flavours of a deep Malbec or a cheap Chardonnay?
At best, you will be invigorated, at worst, a bit sleepy (no bad thing ahead of a three-hour journey). Either way, there is no angst about stepping over the legal limit for driving.
As just-drinks reported last week, The Argento Wine Company wants to woo wine lovers with a sampling at three mainline railway stations - London Victoria, Leeds and Manchester. The winery hopes to reach 0.5m people at consumer events and platforms over the next six months.
It brings the number of virtues in taking public transport in this country up to, wait, yes, one.
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Currency woes hurt Latin American FTZs - Diageo
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Diageo Canada adds new RTD canning line
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review