Blog: Wine company lets the train take the strain
Olly Wehring | 12 December 2006
Eating up time at a UK train station has always been a painstaking, awkward and often cold experience. Magazine, coffee, muffin - check - but how about some wine tasting? What better way to protect your insanity in the event of a delay than to enjoy the flavours of a deep Malbec or a cheap Chardonnay?
At best, you will be invigorated, at worst, a bit sleepy (no bad thing ahead of a three-hour journey). Either way, there is no angst about stepping over the legal limit for driving.
As just-drinks reported last week, The Argento Wine Company wants to woo wine lovers with a sampling at three mainline railway stations - London Victoria, Leeds and Manchester. The winery hopes to reach 0.5m people at consumer events and platforms over the next six months.
It brings the number of virtues in taking public transport in this country up to, wait, yes, one.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research