Blog: Wine company lets the train take the strain
Olly Wehring | 12 December 2006
Eating up time at a UK train station has always been a painstaking, awkward and often cold experience. Magazine, coffee, muffin - check - but how about some wine tasting? What better way to protect your insanity in the event of a delay than to enjoy the flavours of a deep Malbec or a cheap Chardonnay?
At best, you will be invigorated, at worst, a bit sleepy (no bad thing ahead of a three-hour journey). Either way, there is no angst about stepping over the legal limit for driving.
As just-drinks reported last week, The Argento Wine Company wants to woo wine lovers with a sampling at three mainline railway stations - London Victoria, Leeds and Manchester. The winery hopes to reach 0.5m people at consumer events and platforms over the next six months.
It brings the number of virtues in taking public transport in this country up to, wait, yes, one.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends