Blog: Wine company lets the train take the strain
Olly Wehring | 12 December 2006
Eating up time at a UK train station has always been a painstaking, awkward and often cold experience. Magazine, coffee, muffin - check - but how about some wine tasting? What better way to protect your insanity in the event of a delay than to enjoy the flavours of a deep Malbec or a cheap Chardonnay?
At best, you will be invigorated, at worst, a bit sleepy (no bad thing ahead of a three-hour journey). Either way, there is no angst about stepping over the legal limit for driving.
As just-drinks reported last week, The Argento Wine Company wants to woo wine lovers with a sampling at three mainline railway stations - London Victoria, Leeds and Manchester. The winery hopes to reach 0.5m people at consumer events and platforms over the next six months.
It brings the number of virtues in taking public transport in this country up to, wait, yes, one.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends