Blog: Wine company lets the train take the strain
Olly Wehring | 12 December 2006
Eating up time at a UK train station has always been a painstaking, awkward and often cold experience. Magazine, coffee, muffin - check - but how about some wine tasting? What better way to protect your insanity in the event of a delay than to enjoy the flavours of a deep Malbec or a cheap Chardonnay?
At best, you will be invigorated, at worst, a bit sleepy (no bad thing ahead of a three-hour journey). Either way, there is no angst about stepping over the legal limit for driving.
As just-drinks reported last week, The Argento Wine Company wants to woo wine lovers with a sampling at three mainline railway stations - London Victoria, Leeds and Manchester. The winery hopes to reach 0.5m people at consumer events and platforms over the next six months.
It brings the number of virtues in taking public transport in this country up to, wait, yes, one.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research