Blog: Windmills and vodka
Olly Wehring | 29 October 2009
Diageo and The Nolet family certainly appear to have gelled well together in the first year of their joint venture.
At the company’s headquarters in Schiedman, Holland, a number of journalists were invited to listen to marketing heads talk about the success of the Smirnoff, Ketel One and Ciroc vodka brands.
Philip Gladman, Smirnoff’s global brand director was present, as was Peter Fairbrother, Ketel One’s global brand director and Marc Strachan, director of brand marketing for Ciroc, amongst many others.
Strachan talked about plans to launch two new flavours to the Ciroc brand – Coconut and Red Berry – in the US in January.
An interesting lunch of salmon lasagne and a number of vodka tastings broke up the day, while Bob Nolet, vice president of the Nolet Distillery spoke enthusiastically of the company’s plans to expand the global reach of the vodka brand.
Of the 50-50 joint venture between the Nolets and Diageo, he enthused: “We are very very happy with the partnership and we see that Diageo is the same.”
A full interview with Bob Nolet will be published on the just-drinks site on Monday (2 November).
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research