Blog: Windmills and vodka
Olly Wehring | 29 October 2009
Diageo and The Nolet family certainly appear to have gelled well together in the first year of their joint venture.
At the company’s headquarters in Schiedman, Holland, a number of journalists were invited to listen to marketing heads talk about the success of the Smirnoff, Ketel One and Ciroc vodka brands.
Philip Gladman, Smirnoff’s global brand director was present, as was Peter Fairbrother, Ketel One’s global brand director and Marc Strachan, director of brand marketing for Ciroc, amongst many others.
Strachan talked about plans to launch two new flavours to the Ciroc brand – Coconut and Red Berry – in the US in January.
An interesting lunch of salmon lasagne and a number of vodka tastings broke up the day, while Bob Nolet, vice president of the Nolet Distillery spoke enthusiastically of the company’s plans to expand the global reach of the vodka brand.
Of the 50-50 joint venture between the Nolets and Diageo, he enthused: “We are very very happy with the partnership and we see that Diageo is the same.”
A full interview with Bob Nolet will be published on the just-drinks site on Monday (2 November).
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends