Blog: Windmills and vodka
Olly Wehring | 29 October 2009
Diageo and The Nolet family certainly appear to have gelled well together in the first year of their joint venture.
At the company’s headquarters in Schiedman, Holland, a number of journalists were invited to listen to marketing heads talk about the success of the Smirnoff, Ketel One and Ciroc vodka brands.
Philip Gladman, Smirnoff’s global brand director was present, as was Peter Fairbrother, Ketel One’s global brand director and Marc Strachan, director of brand marketing for Ciroc, amongst many others.
Strachan talked about plans to launch two new flavours to the Ciroc brand – Coconut and Red Berry – in the US in January.
An interesting lunch of salmon lasagne and a number of vodka tastings broke up the day, while Bob Nolet, vice president of the Nolet Distillery spoke enthusiastically of the company’s plans to expand the global reach of the vodka brand.
Of the 50-50 joint venture between the Nolets and Diageo, he enthused: “We are very very happy with the partnership and we see that Diageo is the same.”
A full interview with Bob Nolet will be published on the just-drinks site on Monday (2 November).
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends