Blog: Windmills and vodka
Olly Wehring | 29 October 2009
Diageo and The Nolet family certainly appear to have gelled well together in the first year of their joint venture.
At the company’s headquarters in Schiedman, Holland, a number of journalists were invited to listen to marketing heads talk about the success of the Smirnoff, Ketel One and Ciroc vodka brands.
Philip Gladman, Smirnoff’s global brand director was present, as was Peter Fairbrother, Ketel One’s global brand director and Marc Strachan, director of brand marketing for Ciroc, amongst many others.
Strachan talked about plans to launch two new flavours to the Ciroc brand – Coconut and Red Berry – in the US in January.
An interesting lunch of salmon lasagne and a number of vodka tastings broke up the day, while Bob Nolet, vice president of the Nolet Distillery spoke enthusiastically of the company’s plans to expand the global reach of the vodka brand.
Of the 50-50 joint venture between the Nolets and Diageo, he enthused: “We are very very happy with the partnership and we see that Diageo is the same.”
A full interview with Bob Nolet will be published on the just-drinks site on Monday (2 November).
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Altria raises Anheuser-Busch InBev holding
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends