Blog: Will the Keurig Cold create an environmental monster?
Andy Morton | 13 January 2015
Take a look at this smartly-made (and very effective) spoof monster movie highlighting the waste involved with Keurig Green Mountain's K-Cup brewing system.
The K-Cup is used in all Keurig's coffee and hot drinks makers, and has so far proved very successful for the company. Environmentalists are less enamoured, however, and complain that the single-serve format - which leaves behind a coffee-grind-filled plastic container - is clogging up both landfill and public spaces.
It is a concern that will increase when the Coca-Cola Co-funded Keurig Cold comes out in the US this Autumn. The at-home carbonation platform is also expected to use K-Cups and is liable to place the soft drinks firm at the centre of the debate about how to deal with the K-Cup detritus.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends