Blog: Will the Keurig Cold create an environmental monster?
Andy Morton | 13 January 2015
Take a look at this smartly-made (and very effective) spoof monster movie highlighting the waste involved with Keurig Green Mountain's K-Cup brewing system.
The K-Cup is used in all Keurig's coffee and hot drinks makers, and has so far proved very successful for the company. Environmentalists are less enamoured, however, and complain that the single-serve format - which leaves behind a coffee-grind-filled plastic container - is clogging up both landfill and public spaces.
It is a concern that will increase when the Coca-Cola Co-funded Keurig Cold comes out in the US this Autumn. The at-home carbonation platform is also expected to use K-Cups and is liable to place the soft drinks firm at the centre of the debate about how to deal with the K-Cup detritus.
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton heads to Brazil to look at 3G's burned fingers, the future worries for Anheuser-Busch InBev and Britvic's samba moves....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research