Blog: Will the Keurig Cold create an environmental monster?
Andy Morton | 13 January 2015
Take a look at this smartly-made (and very effective) spoof monster movie highlighting the waste involved with Keurig Green Mountain's K-Cup brewing system.
The K-Cup is used in all Keurig's coffee and hot drinks makers, and has so far proved very successful for the company. Environmentalists are less enamoured, however, and complain that the single-serve format - which leaves behind a coffee-grind-filled plastic container - is clogging up both landfill and public spaces.
It is a concern that will increase when the Coca-Cola Co-funded Keurig Cold comes out in the US this Autumn. The at-home carbonation platform is also expected to use K-Cups and is liable to place the soft drinks firm at the centre of the debate about how to deal with the K-Cup detritus.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
Experts have said drinks and brands that do not centre around one gender will drive future trends, as modern consumers look to avoid stereotypes. ...
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020