Blog: Will the Keurig Cold create an environmental monster?
Andy Morton | 13 January 2015
Take a look at this smartly-made (and very effective) spoof monster movie highlighting the waste involved with Keurig Green Mountain's K-Cup brewing system.
The K-Cup is used in all Keurig's coffee and hot drinks makers, and has so far proved very successful for the company. Environmentalists are less enamoured, however, and complain that the single-serve format - which leaves behind a coffee-grind-filled plastic container - is clogging up both landfill and public spaces.
It is a concern that will increase when the Coca-Cola Co-funded Keurig Cold comes out in the US this Autumn. The at-home carbonation platform is also expected to use K-Cups and is liable to place the soft drinks firm at the centre of the debate about how to deal with the K-Cup detritus.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In achieving its goal to replenish water equivalent to its 2015 sales volumes "back to nature and communities", Coca-Cola gave itself a compelling sustainability story to tell consumers. Greg Koch, se...
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
In the US, carbonated water has become a non-alcoholic beverage star, as consumers choose sparkling waters and seltzers instead of carbonated soft drinks to cut calorie and sugar consumption. The same...
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends