Blog: Will grey sky thinking lead to broccoli beverage boom?
Andy Morton | 20 June 2014
A joint US and Chinese study released this week has found that a tea made with broccoli sprouts helps the body to break down and expunge high levels of the chemical benzene.
It may not sound like much - and the thought of a broccoli tea may also underwhelm - but for the beverage industry this smacks of a perfect storm.
Benzene is a human carcinogen mainly found in air pollutants, something that the Chinese are becoming increasingly worried about as skies above the country get ever more clogged with the consequences of rapid modernisation.
Expect very soon a flood of broccoli-based beverages on the country's market, and everywhere else that pollution threatens peace of mind. Possibly.
Sectors: Soft drinks
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Analysts have trumpeted Coca-Cola Zero Sugar as well as Coca-Cola European Partners' non-CSD offerings as the group's key growth drivers in 2016....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
PepsiCo has lined up the launch of its Tropicana Essentials range in India as the company looks to expand its "nutrition" portfolio in the country....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts