Blog: Whisky with the fun taken out
Andy Morton | 6 August 2012
ArKay is said to be the world's first alcohol-free whiskey
A press release for a hangover-free whisky crossed the desk today, prompting cries of “At last”, “About time” and “Who's for an early lunch?” Turns out the zero-headache ArKay from ArKay Beverages is also zero-alcohol, a notion which, ironically, brought some on the just-drinks team out in a cold sweat.
Alcohol-free beer is well established, but whisky? Arkay said this is the world's first, with “the appearance, taste, and aroma of traditional whisky”.
We'll see if it catches on.
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch