Blog: Whisky with the fun taken out
Andy Morton | 6 August 2012
ArKay is said to be the world's first alcohol-free whiskey
A press release for a hangover-free whisky crossed the desk today, prompting cries of “At last”, “About time” and “Who's for an early lunch?” Turns out the zero-headache ArKay from ArKay Beverages is also zero-alcohol, a notion which, ironically, brought some on the just-drinks team out in a cold sweat.
Alcohol-free beer is well established, but whisky? Arkay said this is the world's first, with “the appearance, taste, and aroma of traditional whisky”.
We'll see if it catches on.
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring AG Barr, Bombay Sapphire, Wines of South Africa and Pabst Brewing Co....
It seems there's not much in the world that can make people smile these days. Luckily, we're part of an industry that has just been scientifically proven to do just that. ...
Despite accounting for just a small percentage of overall sales, craft beer is making an impression on the US....
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits