Blog: Whisky with the fun taken out
Andy Morton | 6 August 2012
ArKay is said to be the world's first alcohol-free whiskey
A press release for a hangover-free whisky crossed the desk today, prompting cries of “At last”, “About time” and “Who's for an early lunch?” Turns out the zero-headache ArKay from ArKay Beverages is also zero-alcohol, a notion which, ironically, brought some on the just-drinks team out in a cold sweat.
Alcohol-free beer is well established, but whisky? Arkay said this is the world's first, with “the appearance, taste, and aroma of traditional whisky”.
We'll see if it catches on.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014