Blog: Whisky makes me frisky
Olly Wehring | 2 March 2007
It’s been whisky week for me these past few days.
Many thanks go to Chivas Brothers for the bottle of its namesake 12 Year Old which arrived on Monday. No sooner had I polished that off, than Inver House invited me to the launch of the repackaging for its Balblair range – a lovely drop of 1997 Single Malt.
I had to race to get that finished before yesterday’s lunch to unveil Chivas Brother’s Longmorn 16 Year Old. Not only did I get a bottle (half-way through, I think I peaked too soon), but I got to experience something I’d never done before.
Lunch was held at a little bar/restaurant called ‘Dans le Noir?’ in London. A quick meet’n’greet in the bar, and then we were led downstairs to the restaurant… which is in pitch darkness. An hour and a half trying to eat and converse in total blackout was not only a challenge, but startlingly enlightening and liberating.
Luckily, I got my clothes back on just in time at the end of the meal.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller