Blog: Whisky makes me frisky
Olly Wehring | 2 March 2007
It’s been whisky week for me these past few days.
Many thanks go to Chivas Brothers for the bottle of its namesake 12 Year Old which arrived on Monday. No sooner had I polished that off, than Inver House invited me to the launch of the repackaging for its Balblair range – a lovely drop of 1997 Single Malt.
I had to race to get that finished before yesterday’s lunch to unveil Chivas Brother’s Longmorn 16 Year Old. Not only did I get a bottle (half-way through, I think I peaked too soon), but I got to experience something I’d never done before.
Lunch was held at a little bar/restaurant called ‘Dans le Noir?’ in London. A quick meet’n’greet in the bar, and then we were led downstairs to the restaurant… which is in pitch darkness. An hour and a half trying to eat and converse in total blackout was not only a challenge, but startlingly enlightening and liberating.
Luckily, I got my clothes back on just in time at the end of the meal.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research