Blog: Whisky makes me frisky
Olly Wehring | 2 March 2007
It’s been whisky week for me these past few days.
Many thanks go to Chivas Brothers for the bottle of its namesake 12 Year Old which arrived on Monday. No sooner had I polished that off, than Inver House invited me to the launch of the repackaging for its Balblair range – a lovely drop of 1997 Single Malt.
I had to race to get that finished before yesterday’s lunch to unveil Chivas Brother’s Longmorn 16 Year Old. Not only did I get a bottle (half-way through, I think I peaked too soon), but I got to experience something I’d never done before.
Lunch was held at a little bar/restaurant called ‘Dans le Noir?’ in London. A quick meet’n’greet in the bar, and then we were led downstairs to the restaurant… which is in pitch darkness. An hour and a half trying to eat and converse in total blackout was not only a challenge, but startlingly enlightening and liberating.
Luckily, I got my clothes back on just in time at the end of the meal.
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk