Chris Brook-Carter | 15 March 2004
As an inhabitant of the on-line business world, it is always pleasing to hear of successful web ventures. One such programme is the Allied Domecq-run Friends of Laphroaig, which includes the website www.Laphroaig.com
The website is testimony to what can be achieved through interactive on-line marketing. There are now 200,000 members of the loyalty programme and the website receives 25,000 visitors per month. Representing the first phase of a year-long 10th anniversary celebration for The Friends of Laphroaig programme, Allied Domecq is now redeveloping the website.
New additions to the site, (which will be launched on 30th March, the anniversary of the first official entry in to The Friends of Laphroaig register ten years ago), include an interactive tasting wheel, a monthly lottery and a monthly charity auction which during April will feature original roof slates from No.1 warehouse blown from the roof during the storms of 2000.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
The US state of Arkansas goes to the polls on 4 November to decide whether to end so-called “dry” counties, meaning ones that don't allow any alcohol sales. About half of the state's 75 counties are a...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk