Chris Brook-Carter | 15 March 2004
As an inhabitant of the on-line business world, it is always pleasing to hear of successful web ventures. One such programme is the Allied Domecq-run Friends of Laphroaig, which includes the website www.Laphroaig.com
The website is testimony to what can be achieved through interactive on-line marketing. There are now 200,000 members of the loyalty programme and the website receives 25,000 visitors per month. Representing the first phase of a year-long 10th anniversary celebration for The Friends of Laphroaig programme, Allied Domecq is now redeveloping the website.
New additions to the site, (which will be launched on 30th March, the anniversary of the first official entry in to The Friends of Laphroaig register ten years ago), include an interactive tasting wheel, a monthly lottery and a monthly charity auction which during April will feature original roof slates from No.1 warehouse blown from the roof during the storms of 2000.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends