Blog: Whine about wine
Chris Brook-Carter | 17 September 2003
The law's restrictions on sales and consumption of alcohol in public have angered Spain's cider and beer producers who complain that winemakers are not exposed to the same restrictions they are.
The agriculture ministry has responded by insisting that wine is a special case, an "agricultural product" that should be exempted.
Of course this sort of attitude towards wine in Europe is nothing new, but the extent to which it is viewed apart from other alcoholic drinks is well demonstrated in an anecdote at the end of the Independent's piece.
It tells of a former interior minister, caught at a football match with a leather wineskin or bota. He is reminded that his own ministry banned alcohol in stadiums. But, protested the culprit, surely a bota didn't count?
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Poland warning sends Stock Spirits shares tumbling
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts