Blog: Which calories count?
Lucy Britner | 8 June 2016
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US.
The company asserted that the move was a response to consumers looking to be more healthy. At the same time, the report showed that all other liquid refreshment beverages (LRBs), including energy drinks and CSDs, declined in both volume and individual consumption over the period.
"New analysis shows switch to bottled water from other drinks saves the average person the caloric equivalent of 87 cheeseburgers per year," the study said.
Except it seems some didn't get the memo about not eating 87 extra cheeseburgers.
In the same week, the Centre for Disease Control in the US said nearly a third of Americans over the age of 20 reported they were obese in 2015.
Soft drinks have long been the poster child for obesity problems. Is it time to look more closely at food?
The Coca-Cola Co has added two new juice variants to its Simply portfolio in the US....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends