Blog: Which beer was that advert for, again?
Chris Mercer | 26 May 2011
There's some groovy new beer adverts hitting the interweb and television screens, but I'm finding it hard to tell some of them apart.
Let's see now, what do we need for the perfect beer advert?
- Young-looking, loveable guy. Check.
- A love interest. Check.
- Ridiculous, "James Bond-has-watched-my-dvds"-esque gadgets/smoothness. Check.
- Some form of retro, dancehall jazz-stylee music. Check.
- Cheeky-chappy behaviour. Check.
Of course, the films themselves are entirely different. But, I'm finding it hard to separate them in my head. I don't mean to pick on these two, but they are just one example of what I see as a general lack of separation between the major lager brands of our time.
I want to be cool like those guys, but I'm not sure which beer to drink.
Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson - lead singer of the band Iron Maiden, for the unitiated - is clearly a man not afraid to get his hands dirty. ...
The homebrewing revival continues in the UK - and evidence has come that even the supermarket chains are taking it semi-seriously. ...
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Carlsberg, Heineken, Coca-Cola Amatil, California's winelands and Cognac....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter