Blog: Which beer was that advert for, again?
Chris Mercer | 26 May 2011
There's some groovy new beer adverts hitting the interweb and television screens, but I'm finding it hard to tell some of them apart.
Let's see now, what do we need for the perfect beer advert?
- Young-looking, loveable guy. Check.
- A love interest. Check.
- Ridiculous, "James Bond-has-watched-my-dvds"-esque gadgets/smoothness. Check.
- Some form of retro, dancehall jazz-stylee music. Check.
- Cheeky-chappy behaviour. Check.
Of course, the films themselves are entirely different. But, I'm finding it hard to separate them in my head. I don't mean to pick on these two, but they are just one example of what I see as a general lack of separation between the major lager brands of our time.
I want to be cool like those guys, but I'm not sure which beer to drink.
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research