Blog: Which beer was that advert for, again?
Chris Mercer | 26 May 2011
There's some groovy new beer adverts hitting the interweb and television screens, but I'm finding it hard to tell some of them apart.
Let's see now, what do we need for the perfect beer advert?
- Young-looking, loveable guy. Check.
- A love interest. Check.
- Ridiculous, "James Bond-has-watched-my-dvds"-esque gadgets/smoothness. Check.
- Some form of retro, dancehall jazz-stylee music. Check.
- Cheeky-chappy behaviour. Check.
Of course, the films themselves are entirely different. But, I'm finding it hard to separate them in my head. I don't mean to pick on these two, but they are just one example of what I see as a general lack of separation between the major lager brands of our time.
I want to be cool like those guys, but I'm not sure which beer to drink.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US