Blog: Which beer was that advert for, again?
Chris Mercer | 26 May 2011
There's some groovy new beer adverts hitting the interweb and television screens, but I'm finding it hard to tell some of them apart.
Let's see now, what do we need for the perfect beer advert?
- Young-looking, loveable guy. Check.
- A love interest. Check.
- Ridiculous, "James Bond-has-watched-my-dvds"-esque gadgets/smoothness. Check.
- Some form of retro, dancehall jazz-stylee music. Check.
- Cheeky-chappy behaviour. Check.
Of course, the films themselves are entirely different. But, I'm finding it hard to separate them in my head. I don't mean to pick on these two, but they are just one example of what I see as a general lack of separation between the major lager brands of our time.
I want to be cool like those guys, but I'm not sure which beer to drink.
The Coca-Cola Co has had its fair share of critics this year, from health campaigners to investor David Winters, who this week called for CEO Muhtar Kent to be replaced....
The UK health lobby is always very vocal on alcohol at this time of year, predictably so, and this year is no different. ...
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday....
Experimentation has long been a watchword in the Scotch whisky industry. It is what has given consumers the huge range of ageing options, from refill hogsheads to virgin oak to Sherry butts....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future