Blog: Which beer was that advert for, again?
Chris Mercer | 26 May 2011
There's some groovy new beer adverts hitting the interweb and television screens, but I'm finding it hard to tell some of them apart.
Let's see now, what do we need for the perfect beer advert?
- Young-looking, loveable guy. Check.
- A love interest. Check.
- Ridiculous, "James Bond-has-watched-my-dvds"-esque gadgets/smoothness. Check.
- Some form of retro, dancehall jazz-stylee music. Check.
- Cheeky-chappy behaviour. Check.
Of course, the films themselves are entirely different. But, I'm finding it hard to separate them in my head. I don't mean to pick on these two, but they are just one example of what I see as a general lack of separation between the major lager brands of our time.
I want to be cool like those guys, but I'm not sure which beer to drink.
It's a bank holiday here in the UK on Monday (25 August). just-drinks' team will be taking a well-earned lie down. ...
Poland is hardly noted for its cider consumption, but all this could be about to change. ...
Here's a brave move by the folk from Camerata at Paulie's in Houston: a wine-related parody of Summer Nights from Grease....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring The Coca-Cola Co and Monster Beverage Corp, Constellation Brands, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Australia's wine producers....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down