Blog: When the Champers runs out, I'll be here for you
Olly Wehring | 3 February 2006
The UK papers have been carrying stories recently about wealthy bankers blowing their bonuses in London’s bars and restaurants. The opulent spending has proved quite sickening to read, but also quite worrying for France’s Champagne houses.
Sales of jeroboams of Champagne in the UK have been so good in the last few months, that Dom Pérignon has almost run out, according to industry reports.
"We saw a similar pattern like this occurring this time last year,” a spokesman for Dom Pérignon told Decanter. “It seems that when bonuses are announced the city likes to celebrate with as big a bottle of Champagne as possible.”
The average jeroboam from a top champagne house costs over GBP3,000 in many London bars and nightclubs, Decanter noted.
Cheques should be made payable to Olly Wehring, and sent to just-drinks Towers,…
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research