Blog: When the Champers runs out, I'll be here for you
Olly Wehring | 3 February 2006
The UK papers have been carrying stories recently about wealthy bankers blowing their bonuses in London’s bars and restaurants. The opulent spending has proved quite sickening to read, but also quite worrying for France’s Champagne houses.
Sales of jeroboams of Champagne in the UK have been so good in the last few months, that Dom Pérignon has almost run out, according to industry reports.
"We saw a similar pattern like this occurring this time last year,” a spokesman for Dom Pérignon told Decanter. “It seems that when bonuses are announced the city likes to celebrate with as big a bottle of Champagne as possible.”
The average jeroboam from a top champagne house costs over GBP3,000 in many London bars and nightclubs, Decanter noted.
Cheques should be made payable to Olly Wehring, and sent to just-drinks Towers,…
The long-running spat between US and Czech brewers has stepped up a notch after the Czech president described American beer as “filthy water” this week....
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014