Blog: When it comes to booze, the hair never lies
Olly Wehring | 18 April 2007
Apparently, in New Zealand, there’s now a service that can reveal your alcohol history through your hair. Yes, your hair. It’s like Quincy. But better. Be very afraid.
The NZ Drug Detection Agency (NZDDA) is offering up the results to clinics, treatment centres and law practices in the country. The agency said today (18 April) that, as the hair grows, it absorbs special markers called fatty acid ethyl esters and ethyl glucuronide into its structure, which remains in the hair indefinitely.
“It gives a history going back month by month or even years if required.’’ said the NZDDA.
The new service is set to identify long-term alcoholics in an attempt to reform them.
Now, anyone else thinking of doing a Britney?
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report