Blog: When I'm 64... I hope I'm heading to Hong Kong
Chris Brook-Carter | 25 February 2005
Whisky fanatics need to get to Hong Kong quickly if they want to get their hands on a real collectible. Glenfiddich Distillery today said goodbye to the last bottle of Glenfiddich Rare Collection 1937 to leave the distillery as it made its way to Hong Kong to be sold at the city’s Chep Lap Kok Airport.
At 64 years old, this is the oldest single malt ever to be bottled. Released in 2001 by William Grant & Sons, there were just 61 original bottles produced from a single cask.
Glenfiddich Rare Collection 1937 was distilled in the same year as the Coronation of King George VI, when JRR Tolkien’s ‘The Hobbit’ was first published and Walt Disney’s ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ was first released as a full length animated feature film.
It’s also about the same age as my Dad – a chilling thought.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends