Blog: When I'm 64... I hope I'm heading to Hong Kong
Chris Brook-Carter | 25 February 2005
Whisky fanatics need to get to Hong Kong quickly if they want to get their hands on a real collectible. Glenfiddich Distillery today said goodbye to the last bottle of Glenfiddich Rare Collection 1937 to leave the distillery as it made its way to Hong Kong to be sold at the city’s Chep Lap Kok Airport.
At 64 years old, this is the oldest single malt ever to be bottled. Released in 2001 by William Grant & Sons, there were just 61 original bottles produced from a single cask.
Glenfiddich Rare Collection 1937 was distilled in the same year as the Coronation of King George VI, when JRR Tolkien’s ‘The Hobbit’ was first published and Walt Disney’s ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ was first released as a full length animated feature film.
It’s also about the same age as my Dad – a chilling thought.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends