Blog: When I'm 64... I hope I'm heading to Hong Kong
Chris Brook-Carter | 25 February 2005
Whisky fanatics need to get to Hong Kong quickly if they want to get their hands on a real collectible. Glenfiddich Distillery today said goodbye to the last bottle of Glenfiddich Rare Collection 1937 to leave the distillery as it made its way to Hong Kong to be sold at the city’s Chep Lap Kok Airport.
At 64 years old, this is the oldest single malt ever to be bottled. Released in 2001 by William Grant & Sons, there were just 61 original bottles produced from a single cask.
Glenfiddich Rare Collection 1937 was distilled in the same year as the Coronation of King George VI, when JRR Tolkien’s ‘The Hobbit’ was first published and Walt Disney’s ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ was first released as a full length animated feature film.
It’s also about the same age as my Dad – a chilling thought.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends