Blog: When I'm 64... I hope I'm heading to Hong Kong
Chris Brook-Carter | 25 February 2005
Whisky fanatics need to get to Hong Kong quickly if they want to get their hands on a real collectible. Glenfiddich Distillery today said goodbye to the last bottle of Glenfiddich Rare Collection 1937 to leave the distillery as it made its way to Hong Kong to be sold at the city’s Chep Lap Kok Airport.
At 64 years old, this is the oldest single malt ever to be bottled. Released in 2001 by William Grant & Sons, there were just 61 original bottles produced from a single cask.
Glenfiddich Rare Collection 1937 was distilled in the same year as the Coronation of King George VI, when JRR Tolkien’s ‘The Hobbit’ was first published and Walt Disney’s ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ was first released as a full length animated feature film.
It’s also about the same age as my Dad – a chilling thought.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits