Blog: When I'm 64... I hope I'm heading to Hong Kong
Chris Brook-Carter | 25 February 2005
Whisky fanatics need to get to Hong Kong quickly if they want to get their hands on a real collectible. Glenfiddich Distillery today said goodbye to the last bottle of Glenfiddich Rare Collection 1937 to leave the distillery as it made its way to Hong Kong to be sold at the city’s Chep Lap Kok Airport.
At 64 years old, this is the oldest single malt ever to be bottled. Released in 2001 by William Grant & Sons, there were just 61 original bottles produced from a single cask.
Glenfiddich Rare Collection 1937 was distilled in the same year as the Coronation of King George VI, when JRR Tolkien’s ‘The Hobbit’ was first published and Walt Disney’s ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’ was first released as a full length animated feature film.
It’s also about the same age as my Dad – a chilling thought.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends