Blog: What price the 'Budweiser bordello'?
Andy Morton | 12 January 2015
Branding comes in all shapes these days. But, is Budweiser the only beer brand to be associated with a brothel?
CNBC certainly thinks so and, in a report last week highlighted a Nevada bordello called Sheri's Ranch that features a “jacuzzi sex room ... dedicated entirely to the promotion of Anheuser-Busch products”.
CNBC points out it's not Anheuser-Busch, the US unit of Anheuser-Busch InBev, that directly sponsors the room, but distributor Nevada Beverages. However, a spokesperson for A-B freely acknowledged the tie-up to CNBC - after all, Sheri's is just another licensed account in a state where prostitution is legal.
Whether female drinkers agree is another matter entirely.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Low-alcohol beer firm Big Drop Brewing Co has added a pale ale to its line-up. ...
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World