Blog: What price the 'Budweiser bordello'?
Andy Morton | 12 January 2015
Branding comes in all shapes these days. But, is Budweiser the only beer brand to be associated with a brothel?
CNBC certainly thinks so and, in a report last week highlighted a Nevada bordello called Sheri's Ranch that features a “jacuzzi sex room ... dedicated entirely to the promotion of Anheuser-Busch products”.
CNBC points out it's not Anheuser-Busch, the US unit of Anheuser-Busch InBev, that directly sponsors the room, but distributor Nevada Beverages. However, a spokesperson for A-B freely acknowledged the tie-up to CNBC - after all, Sheri's is just another licensed account in a state where prostitution is legal.
Whether female drinkers agree is another matter entirely.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends