Blog: What price the 'Budweiser bordello'?
Andy Morton | 12 January 2015
Branding comes in all shapes these days. But, is Budweiser the only beer brand to be associated with a brothel?
CNBC certainly thinks so and, in a report last week highlighted a Nevada bordello called Sheri's Ranch that features a “jacuzzi sex room ... dedicated entirely to the promotion of Anheuser-Busch products”.
CNBC points out it's not Anheuser-Busch, the US unit of Anheuser-Busch InBev, that directly sponsors the room, but distributor Nevada Beverages. However, a spokesperson for A-B freely acknowledged the tie-up to CNBC - after all, Sheri's is just another licensed account in a state where prostitution is legal.
Whether female drinkers agree is another matter entirely.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits