Blog: What price the 'Budweiser bordello'?
Andy Morton | 12 January 2015
Branding comes in all shapes these days. But, is Budweiser the only beer brand to be associated with a brothel?
CNBC certainly thinks so and, in a report last week highlighted a Nevada bordello called Sheri's Ranch that features a “jacuzzi sex room ... dedicated entirely to the promotion of Anheuser-Busch products”.
CNBC points out it's not Anheuser-Busch, the US unit of Anheuser-Busch InBev, that directly sponsors the room, but distributor Nevada Beverages. However, a spokesperson for A-B freely acknowledged the tie-up to CNBC - after all, Sheri's is just another licensed account in a state where prostitution is legal.
Whether female drinkers agree is another matter entirely.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Asahi has readied the launch of the first extension of the Peroni Nastro Azzuro beer brand in the US....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends