Blog: What price the 'Budweiser bordello'?
Andy Morton | 12 January 2015
Branding comes in all shapes these days. But, is Budweiser the only beer brand to be associated with a brothel?
CNBC certainly thinks so and, in a report last week highlighted a Nevada bordello called Sheri's Ranch that features a “jacuzzi sex room ... dedicated entirely to the promotion of Anheuser-Busch products”.
CNBC points out it's not Anheuser-Busch, the US unit of Anheuser-Busch InBev, that directly sponsors the room, but distributor Nevada Beverages. However, a spokesperson for A-B freely acknowledged the tie-up to CNBC - after all, Sheri's is just another licensed account in a state where prostitution is legal.
Whether female drinkers agree is another matter entirely.
Pernod Ricard's UK unit has rolled out an online cocktail coach as it looks to capitalise on seasonal drinking. ...
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range