Blog: What price premium II?
Olly Wehring | 22 June 2010
You may remember, earlier this year, I asked Diageo's chief marketing officer for his company's definition of the term 'premium'.
In what I've unconsciously decided to turn into a riff, I asked the same question of Mathew Bird, head of marketing for wine at Pernod Ricard UK, last night.
Sipping on my absinthe-infused cocktail, I looked deep into Mat's eyes: “What's Pernod's definition of 'premium', then?” I sighed.
Well, according to Mat, in the UK wine industry, Pernod sets the premium level at GBP6 (US$11.90) to GBP8 per bottle.
Another one of these, as and when.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research