Blog: What price premium II?
Olly Wehring | 22 June 2010
You may remember, earlier this year, I asked Diageo's chief marketing officer for his company's definition of the term 'premium'.
In what I've unconsciously decided to turn into a riff, I asked the same question of Mathew Bird, head of marketing for wine at Pernod Ricard UK, last night.
Sipping on my absinthe-infused cocktail, I looked deep into Mat's eyes: “What's Pernod's definition of 'premium', then?” I sighed.
Well, according to Mat, in the UK wine industry, Pernod sets the premium level at GBP6 (US$11.90) to GBP8 per bottle.
Another one of these, as and when.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends