Blog: We want you Absolut-ly dry – Swedish MPs
Olly Wehring | 7 March 2008
Any decision over the future of Vin & Sprit will require a level and - according to a group of Swedish MPs - a sober head, it seems.
A group of 14 teetotal MPs in the country have called for an end to the presence of alcohol at official parliamentary functions.
"We want (official functions in parliament) to be alcohol-free by default," Egon Frid, a member of the opposition Left Party and the head of a group of 14 teetotal MPs, told Agence France Presse this week.
"I see that some people have a hard time fulfilling their duties as deputies with all the alcohol that is available," Frid said.
The sale of the state-owned drinks company, which owns the Absolut vodka brand, is set to complete by the end of June. If I were Fortune Brands, Pernod Ricard or Bacardi, I’d take a close look at the state of the announcer’s eyes.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends