Blog: We want you Absolut-ly dry – Swedish MPs
Olly Wehring | 7 March 2008
Any decision over the future of Vin & Sprit will require a level and - according to a group of Swedish MPs - a sober head, it seems.
A group of 14 teetotal MPs in the country have called for an end to the presence of alcohol at official parliamentary functions.
"We want (official functions in parliament) to be alcohol-free by default," Egon Frid, a member of the opposition Left Party and the head of a group of 14 teetotal MPs, told Agence France Presse this week.
"I see that some people have a hard time fulfilling their duties as deputies with all the alcohol that is available," Frid said.
The sale of the state-owned drinks company, which owns the Absolut vodka brand, is set to complete by the end of June. If I were Fortune Brands, Pernod Ricard or Bacardi, I’d take a close look at the state of the announcer’s eyes.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends