Blog: We want you Absolut-ly dry – Swedish MPs
Olly Wehring | 7 March 2008
Any decision over the future of Vin & Sprit will require a level and - according to a group of Swedish MPs - a sober head, it seems.
A group of 14 teetotal MPs in the country have called for an end to the presence of alcohol at official parliamentary functions.
"We want (official functions in parliament) to be alcohol-free by default," Egon Frid, a member of the opposition Left Party and the head of a group of 14 teetotal MPs, told Agence France Presse this week.
"I see that some people have a hard time fulfilling their duties as deputies with all the alcohol that is available," Frid said.
The sale of the state-owned drinks company, which owns the Absolut vodka brand, is set to complete by the end of June. If I were Fortune Brands, Pernod Ricard or Bacardi, I’d take a close look at the state of the announcer’s eyes.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends