Blog: We can't go on, with suspicious wines
Chris Brook-Carter | 21 June 2004
We’ve had Bob Dylan wine. We’ve had Jerry Garcia wine. Now, it’s time for the Big One…
Signature Wines in California has formed the Graceland Cellars Line, featuring wines called Blue Suede Chardonnay, A King Cabernet Sauvignon and Jailhouse Red Merlot, in honour of some American singer or film star or somesuch from a few years back.
Chief executive of Signature Wines Scott Cahill said: “We are very proud of the wines we have created to honour the King of Rock and Roll. Our wineries have worked hard to put the same care into our wines that Elvis put into his music. We think fans of wine and Elvis will agree.”
Cahill then wiggled his hips, sneered a bit and dropped to his knees as the assembling journalists screamed wildly and tried to touch his feet. Or possibly not.
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built? ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages