Blog: We can't go on, with suspicious wines
Chris Brook-Carter | 21 June 2004
We’ve had Bob Dylan wine. We’ve had Jerry Garcia wine. Now, it’s time for the Big One…
Signature Wines in California has formed the Graceland Cellars Line, featuring wines called Blue Suede Chardonnay, A King Cabernet Sauvignon and Jailhouse Red Merlot, in honour of some American singer or film star or somesuch from a few years back.
Chief executive of Signature Wines Scott Cahill said: “We are very proud of the wines we have created to honour the King of Rock and Roll. Our wineries have worked hard to put the same care into our wines that Elvis put into his music. We think fans of wine and Elvis will agree.”
Cahill then wiggled his hips, sneered a bit and dropped to his knees as the assembling journalists screamed wildly and tried to touch his feet. Or possibly not.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future