Blog: We can't go on, with suspicious wines
Chris Brook-Carter | 21 June 2004
We’ve had Bob Dylan wine. We’ve had Jerry Garcia wine. Now, it’s time for the Big One…
Signature Wines in California has formed the Graceland Cellars Line, featuring wines called Blue Suede Chardonnay, A King Cabernet Sauvignon and Jailhouse Red Merlot, in honour of some American singer or film star or somesuch from a few years back.
Chief executive of Signature Wines Scott Cahill said: “We are very proud of the wines we have created to honour the King of Rock and Roll. Our wineries have worked hard to put the same care into our wines that Elvis put into his music. We think fans of wine and Elvis will agree.”
Cahill then wiggled his hips, sneered a bit and dropped to his knees as the assembling journalists screamed wildly and tried to touch his feet. Or possibly not.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
The US state of Arkansas goes to the polls on 4 November to decide whether to end so-called “dry” counties, meaning ones that don't allow any alcohol sales. About half of the state's 75 counties are a...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk