Blog: We can't go on, with suspicious wines
Chris Brook-Carter | 21 June 2004
We’ve had Bob Dylan wine. We’ve had Jerry Garcia wine. Now, it’s time for the Big One…
Signature Wines in California has formed the Graceland Cellars Line, featuring wines called Blue Suede Chardonnay, A King Cabernet Sauvignon and Jailhouse Red Merlot, in honour of some American singer or film star or somesuch from a few years back.
Chief executive of Signature Wines Scott Cahill said: “We are very proud of the wines we have created to honour the King of Rock and Roll. Our wineries have worked hard to put the same care into our wines that Elvis put into his music. We think fans of wine and Elvis will agree.”
Cahill then wiggled his hips, sneered a bit and dropped to his knees as the assembling journalists screamed wildly and tried to touch his feet. Or possibly not.
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review