Blog: We can't go on, with suspicious wines
Chris Brook-Carter | 21 June 2004
We’ve had Bob Dylan wine. We’ve had Jerry Garcia wine. Now, it’s time for the Big One…
Signature Wines in California has formed the Graceland Cellars Line, featuring wines called Blue Suede Chardonnay, A King Cabernet Sauvignon and Jailhouse Red Merlot, in honour of some American singer or film star or somesuch from a few years back.
Chief executive of Signature Wines Scott Cahill said: “We are very proud of the wines we have created to honour the King of Rock and Roll. Our wineries have worked hard to put the same care into our wines that Elvis put into his music. We think fans of wine and Elvis will agree.”
Cahill then wiggled his hips, sneered a bit and dropped to his knees as the assembling journalists screamed wildly and tried to touch his feet. Or possibly not.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends