Blog: Wall upon wall of wine
Olly Wehring | 12 March 2007
Now, I don’t know what it’s like in your neck of the woods, but here in London the recycling of glass bottles is nowhere near as prevalent as, say, Austria or Germany. Too many times do I hear the clanging of bottles as they are dumped in general waste bins down my street.
Over in Australia, however, one man has come up with what I think is a great idea for reusing his grog bottles. Peter Little is in the process of building a house, which will include around 1,400 wine bottles filled with water in its walls.
Speaking to ABC, Little said: “Water is one of the miracle building materials of the century, that no one is using. From our point of view, it can store more energy, heat or cool a home better than any material we know.”
Here’s hoping he doesn’t include a gravel road alongside the new property.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020