Blog: Wall upon wall of wine
Olly Wehring | 12 March 2007
Now, I don’t know what it’s like in your neck of the woods, but here in London the recycling of glass bottles is nowhere near as prevalent as, say, Austria or Germany. Too many times do I hear the clanging of bottles as they are dumped in general waste bins down my street.
Over in Australia, however, one man has come up with what I think is a great idea for reusing his grog bottles. Peter Little is in the process of building a house, which will include around 1,400 wine bottles filled with water in its walls.
Speaking to ABC, Little said: “Water is one of the miracle building materials of the century, that no one is using. From our point of view, it can store more energy, heat or cool a home better than any material we know.”
Here’s hoping he doesn’t include a gravel road alongside the new property.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review