Blog: Wall upon wall of wine
Olly Wehring | 12 March 2007
Now, I don’t know what it’s like in your neck of the woods, but here in London the recycling of glass bottles is nowhere near as prevalent as, say, Austria or Germany. Too many times do I hear the clanging of bottles as they are dumped in general waste bins down my street.
Over in Australia, however, one man has come up with what I think is a great idea for reusing his grog bottles. Peter Little is in the process of building a house, which will include around 1,400 wine bottles filled with water in its walls.
Speaking to ABC, Little said: “Water is one of the miracle building materials of the century, that no one is using. From our point of view, it can store more energy, heat or cool a home better than any material we know.”
Here’s hoping he doesn’t include a gravel road alongside the new property.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends