Blog: Wall upon wall of wine
Olly Wehring | 12 March 2007
Now, I don’t know what it’s like in your neck of the woods, but here in London the recycling of glass bottles is nowhere near as prevalent as, say, Austria or Germany. Too many times do I hear the clanging of bottles as they are dumped in general waste bins down my street.
Over in Australia, however, one man has come up with what I think is a great idea for reusing his grog bottles. Peter Little is in the process of building a house, which will include around 1,400 wine bottles filled with water in its walls.
Speaking to ABC, Little said: “Water is one of the miracle building materials of the century, that no one is using. From our point of view, it can store more energy, heat or cool a home better than any material we know.”
Here’s hoping he doesn’t include a gravel road alongside the new property.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China