Blog: Wall upon wall of wine
Olly Wehring | 12 March 2007
Now, I don’t know what it’s like in your neck of the woods, but here in London the recycling of glass bottles is nowhere near as prevalent as, say, Austria or Germany. Too many times do I hear the clanging of bottles as they are dumped in general waste bins down my street.
Over in Australia, however, one man has come up with what I think is a great idea for reusing his grog bottles. Peter Little is in the process of building a house, which will include around 1,400 wine bottles filled with water in its walls.
Speaking to ABC, Little said: “Water is one of the miracle building materials of the century, that no one is using. From our point of view, it can store more energy, heat or cool a home better than any material we know.”
Here’s hoping he doesn’t include a gravel road alongside the new property.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research