Blog: Walking a very narrow Beam when it comes to fizz
Olly Wehring | 16 February 2007
I can’t let the week finish without saying a quick - but hearty - thank you to Adrian McKeon and the rest of his team at Beam UK for a thoroughly enjoyable evening on Tuesday (13 February). The head of Beam in the UK invited the country’s drinks trade press to the Hilton on Park Lane, London, for a press briefing amidst some of the finest views of this great city I have yet seen.
The fruits of our meeting will be here on just-drinks next week, when we give you an exclusive interview with McKeon.
My note to self on Wednesday, meanwhile, read: “Just because you are offered free Champagne doesn’t mean you have to take it.” Please bear in mind, however, my dear drinks executive, that this does not suggest in any way that you shouldn’t continue offering it to the likes of me.
What a boring world that would be.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends