Blog: Walking a very narrow Beam when it comes to fizz
Olly Wehring | 16 February 2007
I can’t let the week finish without saying a quick - but hearty - thank you to Adrian McKeon and the rest of his team at Beam UK for a thoroughly enjoyable evening on Tuesday (13 February). The head of Beam in the UK invited the country’s drinks trade press to the Hilton on Park Lane, London, for a press briefing amidst some of the finest views of this great city I have yet seen.
The fruits of our meeting will be here on just-drinks next week, when we give you an exclusive interview with McKeon.
My note to self on Wednesday, meanwhile, read: “Just because you are offered free Champagne doesn’t mean you have to take it.” Please bear in mind, however, my dear drinks executive, that this does not suggest in any way that you shouldn’t continue offering it to the likes of me.
What a boring world that would be.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research