Blog: Walking a very narrow Beam when it comes to fizz
Olly Wehring | 16 February 2007
I can’t let the week finish without saying a quick - but hearty - thank you to Adrian McKeon and the rest of his team at Beam UK for a thoroughly enjoyable evening on Tuesday (13 February). The head of Beam in the UK invited the country’s drinks trade press to the Hilton on Park Lane, London, for a press briefing amidst some of the finest views of this great city I have yet seen.
The fruits of our meeting will be here on just-drinks next week, when we give you an exclusive interview with McKeon.
My note to self on Wednesday, meanwhile, read: “Just because you are offered free Champagne doesn’t mean you have to take it.” Please bear in mind, however, my dear drinks executive, that this does not suggest in any way that you shouldn’t continue offering it to the likes of me.
What a boring world that would be.
The Coca-Cola Co has had its fair share of critics this year, from health campaigners to investor David Winters, who this week called for CEO Muhtar Kent to be replaced....
The UK health lobby is always very vocal on alcohol at this time of year, predictably so, and this year is no different. ...
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday....
Experimentation has long been a watchword in the Scotch whisky industry. It is what has given consumers the huge range of ageing options, from refill hogsheads to virgin oak to Sherry butts....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future