Blog: Walking a very narrow Beam when it comes to fizz
Olly Wehring | 16 February 2007
I can’t let the week finish without saying a quick - but hearty - thank you to Adrian McKeon and the rest of his team at Beam UK for a thoroughly enjoyable evening on Tuesday (13 February). The head of Beam in the UK invited the country’s drinks trade press to the Hilton on Park Lane, London, for a press briefing amidst some of the finest views of this great city I have yet seen.
The fruits of our meeting will be here on just-drinks next week, when we give you an exclusive interview with McKeon.
My note to self on Wednesday, meanwhile, read: “Just because you are offered free Champagne doesn’t mean you have to take it.” Please bear in mind, however, my dear drinks executive, that this does not suggest in any way that you shouldn’t continue offering it to the likes of me.
What a boring world that would be.
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research