Blog: Walking a very narrow Beam when it comes to fizz
Olly Wehring | 16 February 2007
I can’t let the week finish without saying a quick - but hearty - thank you to Adrian McKeon and the rest of his team at Beam UK for a thoroughly enjoyable evening on Tuesday (13 February). The head of Beam in the UK invited the country’s drinks trade press to the Hilton on Park Lane, London, for a press briefing amidst some of the finest views of this great city I have yet seen.
The fruits of our meeting will be here on just-drinks next week, when we give you an exclusive interview with McKeon.
My note to self on Wednesday, meanwhile, read: “Just because you are offered free Champagne doesn’t mean you have to take it.” Please bear in mind, however, my dear drinks executive, that this does not suggest in any way that you shouldn’t continue offering it to the likes of me.
What a boring world that would be.
It's yet another sign that the legal marijuana business is moving closer to the alcohol industry in the US....
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Brown-Forman's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- A-B InBev GSA head in drink-driving crash
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer