Blog: Vodka, cannabis, wine, cigarettes... Too much choice
Chris Brook-Carter | 8 June 2004
And while we're on the subject of killing two birds with one stone (see entry below)...
Press reports from Russia say that a vodka-distiller can continue to sell its Cannabis-brand vodka. Interfax reports today that Voronezh city court has ruled that Yukos can legally sell its product.
A case against Yukos had been filed by the State Service for Drug Control on 21 April, accusing the company of violating the law against propagandising drugs. The labels on the vodka bottles sold at gas stations belonging to Voronezhnefteproduct, a Yukos subsidiary, said the vodka had been prepared from hemp seed extract.
The conclusion of an expert examination was that that the advertising on Cannabis vodka bottles does not propagandise drugs, but rather is aimed at improving vodka sales. As a result, the court declared that Yukos was not guilty and closed the case.
So, while drinking Cannabis vodka and puffing away on a wine-flavoured cigarette, we have pretty much all bases covered. Throw in a fat chap in a red outfit, and you've got Christmas.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends