Blog: Vodka, cannabis, wine, cigarettes... Too much choice
Chris Brook-Carter | 8 June 2004
And while we're on the subject of killing two birds with one stone (see entry below)...
Press reports from Russia say that a vodka-distiller can continue to sell its Cannabis-brand vodka. Interfax reports today that Voronezh city court has ruled that Yukos can legally sell its product.
A case against Yukos had been filed by the State Service for Drug Control on 21 April, accusing the company of violating the law against propagandising drugs. The labels on the vodka bottles sold at gas stations belonging to Voronezhnefteproduct, a Yukos subsidiary, said the vodka had been prepared from hemp seed extract.
The conclusion of an expert examination was that that the advertising on Cannabis vodka bottles does not propagandise drugs, but rather is aimed at improving vodka sales. As a result, the court declared that Yukos was not guilty and closed the case.
So, while drinking Cannabis vodka and puffing away on a wine-flavoured cigarette, we have pretty much all bases covered. Throw in a fat chap in a red outfit, and you've got Christmas.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery