Blog: Vodka, cannabis, wine, cigarettes... Too much choice
Chris Brook-Carter | 8 June 2004
And while we're on the subject of killing two birds with one stone (see entry below)...
Press reports from Russia say that a vodka-distiller can continue to sell its Cannabis-brand vodka. Interfax reports today that Voronezh city court has ruled that Yukos can legally sell its product.
A case against Yukos had been filed by the State Service for Drug Control on 21 April, accusing the company of violating the law against propagandising drugs. The labels on the vodka bottles sold at gas stations belonging to Voronezhnefteproduct, a Yukos subsidiary, said the vodka had been prepared from hemp seed extract.
The conclusion of an expert examination was that that the advertising on Cannabis vodka bottles does not propagandise drugs, but rather is aimed at improving vodka sales. As a result, the court declared that Yukos was not guilty and closed the case.
So, while drinking Cannabis vodka and puffing away on a wine-flavoured cigarette, we have pretty much all bases covered. Throw in a fat chap in a red outfit, and you've got Christmas.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends