Blog: Vita Coco targets bounce from longest tennis match
Chris Mercer | 24 June 2010
Vita Coco is looking to benefit from an association with the longest tennis match in history, which ended at Wimbledon today (24 June) after an incredible 11 hours on court.
While many of us were fretting over football World Cup qualification, John Isner and Nicolas Mahut were busy securing their place in the tennis record books.
Isner finally grabbed victory this afternoon, winning the fifth and final set by an astonishing 70 games to 68.
It turns out soft drinks maker Vita Coco, the company that recently signed a distribution deal with Dr Pepper Snapple, has a sponsorship deal with the victorious Isner.
Vita Coco is now gearing up to take advantage of Isner's marathon match.
"We'll have a strategy session (today) about how we'll go about using his association with the match. I mean, we have to use it," company co-founder and CEO Michael Kirban told business news channel CNBC.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research