Blog: Vita Coco targets bounce from longest tennis match
Chris Mercer | 24 June 2010
Vita Coco is looking to benefit from an association with the longest tennis match in history, which ended at Wimbledon today (24 June) after an incredible 11 hours on court.
While many of us were fretting over football World Cup qualification, John Isner and Nicolas Mahut were busy securing their place in the tennis record books.
Isner finally grabbed victory this afternoon, winning the fifth and final set by an astonishing 70 games to 68.
It turns out soft drinks maker Vita Coco, the company that recently signed a distribution deal with Dr Pepper Snapple, has a sponsorship deal with the victorious Isner.
Vita Coco is now gearing up to take advantage of Isner's marathon match.
"We'll have a strategy session (today) about how we'll go about using his association with the match. I mean, we have to use it," company co-founder and CEO Michael Kirban told business news channel CNBC.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends