Blog: Vita Coco targets bounce from longest tennis match
Chris Mercer | 24 June 2010
Vita Coco is looking to benefit from an association with the longest tennis match in history, which ended at Wimbledon today (24 June) after an incredible 11 hours on court.
While many of us were fretting over football World Cup qualification, John Isner and Nicolas Mahut were busy securing their place in the tennis record books.
Isner finally grabbed victory this afternoon, winning the fifth and final set by an astonishing 70 games to 68.
It turns out soft drinks maker Vita Coco, the company that recently signed a distribution deal with Dr Pepper Snapple, has a sponsorship deal with the victorious Isner.
Vita Coco is now gearing up to take advantage of Isner's marathon match.
"We'll have a strategy session (today) about how we'll go about using his association with the match. I mean, we have to use it," company co-founder and CEO Michael Kirban told business news channel CNBC.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends