Blog: Vita Coco targets bounce from longest tennis match
Chris Mercer | 24 June 2010
Vita Coco is looking to benefit from an association with the longest tennis match in history, which ended at Wimbledon today (24 June) after an incredible 11 hours on court.
While many of us were fretting over football World Cup qualification, John Isner and Nicolas Mahut were busy securing their place in the tennis record books.
Isner finally grabbed victory this afternoon, winning the fifth and final set by an astonishing 70 games to 68.
It turns out soft drinks maker Vita Coco, the company that recently signed a distribution deal with Dr Pepper Snapple, has a sponsorship deal with the victorious Isner.
Vita Coco is now gearing up to take advantage of Isner's marathon match.
"We'll have a strategy session (today) about how we'll go about using his association with the match. I mean, we have to use it," company co-founder and CEO Michael Kirban told business news channel CNBC.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends