Blog: Vinisud - Day One
Olly Wehring | 18 February 2008
This week, we have a roving reporter covering the Vinisud trade event in southern France. Sophie Kevany will be updating us daily from the three-day event, which started this morning (18 February) in Montpelier.
It is often tough to get where you are going at trade fairs, but Vinisud is particularly difficult. Basically, I missed the Rhone tasting this morning - eye catchers everywhere.
The plan was to stop en route for a quick look at Fat Bastard and a taste of a new wine called Rhoning Stones. Well, I still haven't got there yet, because I got distracted by a Coq D'Oc. It tasted great, for a wine in the GBP5 bracket.
After that I made it as far as a bottle of Bois-Sans-Soif - a Captain Haddock expression for a competitive drinker - from Domaine de Clairac. That also tasted great - like cherries, but fresh not fake - is biodynamic and costs similar.
Three stands down was Benoit Viot who is going to ship his Chemin des Reves wines to the UK by sea to cut carbon emissions. And now I am in the 'le off' zone - a bit like off Broadway - where the stands are recyclable and people are wearing leather jackets.
Head spinning for a girl who left Bordeaux at 5am this morning.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends