Blog: Vinisud - Day One
Olly Wehring | 18 February 2008
This week, we have a roving reporter covering the Vinisud trade event in southern France. Sophie Kevany will be updating us daily from the three-day event, which started this morning (18 February) in Montpelier.
It is often tough to get where you are going at trade fairs, but Vinisud is particularly difficult. Basically, I missed the Rhone tasting this morning - eye catchers everywhere.
The plan was to stop en route for a quick look at Fat Bastard and a taste of a new wine called Rhoning Stones. Well, I still haven't got there yet, because I got distracted by a Coq D'Oc. It tasted great, for a wine in the GBP5 bracket.
After that I made it as far as a bottle of Bois-Sans-Soif - a Captain Haddock expression for a competitive drinker - from Domaine de Clairac. That also tasted great - like cherries, but fresh not fake - is biodynamic and costs similar.
Three stands down was Benoit Viot who is going to ship his Chemin des Reves wines to the UK by sea to cut carbon emissions. And now I am in the 'le off' zone - a bit like off Broadway - where the stands are recyclable and people are wearing leather jackets.
Head spinning for a girl who left Bordeaux at 5am this morning.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends