Blog: Vinisud - Day One
Olly Wehring | 18 February 2008
This week, we have a roving reporter covering the Vinisud trade event in southern France. Sophie Kevany will be updating us daily from the three-day event, which started this morning (18 February) in Montpelier.
It is often tough to get where you are going at trade fairs, but Vinisud is particularly difficult. Basically, I missed the Rhone tasting this morning - eye catchers everywhere.
The plan was to stop en route for a quick look at Fat Bastard and a taste of a new wine called Rhoning Stones. Well, I still haven't got there yet, because I got distracted by a Coq D'Oc. It tasted great, for a wine in the GBP5 bracket.
After that I made it as far as a bottle of Bois-Sans-Soif - a Captain Haddock expression for a competitive drinker - from Domaine de Clairac. That also tasted great - like cherries, but fresh not fake - is biodynamic and costs similar.
Three stands down was Benoit Viot who is going to ship his Chemin des Reves wines to the UK by sea to cut carbon emissions. And now I am in the 'le off' zone - a bit like off Broadway - where the stands are recyclable and people are wearing leather jackets.
Head spinning for a girl who left Bordeaux at 5am this morning.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range