Blog: Vinexpo - part two
Olly Wehring | 22 June 2007
Things have definitely picked up and everyone is walking round saying, convincingly, how much business they have done. In fact what they are saying is that there are fewer, but better quality, contacts going on.
Innovation, the environment and emerging markets have been the key elements this year, bearing in mind that elements means they are actually happening, as opposed to themes which are what might happen.
The three can be practically broken down into: Bag in Box, for the French, packaging for everyone else; meeting consumer demands while keeping supermarket buyers happy; and Russia vs. India or China.
Tomorrow will be goodbye time, and home to count the cost of Vinexpo versus the business done. General view though would be that after dodgy start, we have done well. Plus the half a million euro (so they say) bridge across the lake worked well. Oh, and the South Africans finally got their wines.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research