Blog: Vinexpo - part two
Olly Wehring | 22 June 2007
Things have definitely picked up and everyone is walking round saying, convincingly, how much business they have done. In fact what they are saying is that there are fewer, but better quality, contacts going on.
Innovation, the environment and emerging markets have been the key elements this year, bearing in mind that elements means they are actually happening, as opposed to themes which are what might happen.
The three can be practically broken down into: Bag in Box, for the French, packaging for everyone else; meeting consumer demands while keeping supermarket buyers happy; and Russia vs. India or China.
Tomorrow will be goodbye time, and home to count the cost of Vinexpo versus the business done. General view though would be that after dodgy start, we have done well. Plus the half a million euro (so they say) bridge across the lake worked well. Oh, and the South Africans finally got their wines.
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built? ...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages