Blog: Vinexpo - part two
Olly Wehring | 22 June 2007
Things have definitely picked up and everyone is walking round saying, convincingly, how much business they have done. In fact what they are saying is that there are fewer, but better quality, contacts going on.
Innovation, the environment and emerging markets have been the key elements this year, bearing in mind that elements means they are actually happening, as opposed to themes which are what might happen.
The three can be practically broken down into: Bag in Box, for the French, packaging for everyone else; meeting consumer demands while keeping supermarket buyers happy; and Russia vs. India or China.
Tomorrow will be goodbye time, and home to count the cost of Vinexpo versus the business done. General view though would be that after dodgy start, we have done well. Plus the half a million euro (so they say) bridge across the lake worked well. Oh, and the South Africans finally got their wines.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends