Blog: Vinexpo - part two
Olly Wehring | 22 June 2007
Things have definitely picked up and everyone is walking round saying, convincingly, how much business they have done. In fact what they are saying is that there are fewer, but better quality, contacts going on.
Innovation, the environment and emerging markets have been the key elements this year, bearing in mind that elements means they are actually happening, as opposed to themes which are what might happen.
The three can be practically broken down into: Bag in Box, for the French, packaging for everyone else; meeting consumer demands while keeping supermarket buyers happy; and Russia vs. India or China.
Tomorrow will be goodbye time, and home to count the cost of Vinexpo versus the business done. General view though would be that after dodgy start, we have done well. Plus the half a million euro (so they say) bridge across the lake worked well. Oh, and the South Africans finally got their wines.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends