Blog: Vinexpo - part two
Olly Wehring | 22 June 2007
Things have definitely picked up and everyone is walking round saying, convincingly, how much business they have done. In fact what they are saying is that there are fewer, but better quality, contacts going on.
Innovation, the environment and emerging markets have been the key elements this year, bearing in mind that elements means they are actually happening, as opposed to themes which are what might happen.
The three can be practically broken down into: Bag in Box, for the French, packaging for everyone else; meeting consumer demands while keeping supermarket buyers happy; and Russia vs. India or China.
Tomorrow will be goodbye time, and home to count the cost of Vinexpo versus the business done. General view though would be that after dodgy start, we have done well. Plus the half a million euro (so they say) bridge across the lake worked well. Oh, and the South Africans finally got their wines.
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent a lot of money recently fighting accusations that soft drinks make you fat....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research