Blog: Vinexpo - Monday
Olly Wehring | 19 June 2007
This missive from our French correspondent, Sophie Kevany, at this year's VinExpo.
Right, it is only 7pm on day two of Vinexpo 2007, and I am already using the ‘get-energy-back-using-free-Champagne’ plan.
The combined effects of an intense press scuffle this morning around the newly-appointed, but now former, Environment Minister, Alain Juppé - who told the assembled scrum they’d be happier if he was dead - plus no food in the press room and restaurant queues, has left me weak.
I’m sure the South African team are also using the ‘get-energy-back’ plan this evening, having had their wine samples impounded by customs. Their truck is now on its way back to Belgium, so the whole thing has been a disaster, on top of 2003.
And a Russian woman in the loo just said to me, “The hand dryers are in reality not working, it is not an effect of the wine,” so I now reckon everyone must be trying out the plan.
Paul Walsh just can't stay away from the drinks industry....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report