Blog: Vinexpo - Monday
Olly Wehring | 19 June 2007
This missive from our French correspondent, Sophie Kevany, at this year's VinExpo.
Right, it is only 7pm on day two of Vinexpo 2007, and I am already using the ‘get-energy-back-using-free-Champagne’ plan.
The combined effects of an intense press scuffle this morning around the newly-appointed, but now former, Environment Minister, Alain Juppé - who told the assembled scrum they’d be happier if he was dead - plus no food in the press room and restaurant queues, has left me weak.
I’m sure the South African team are also using the ‘get-energy-back’ plan this evening, having had their wine samples impounded by customs. Their truck is now on its way back to Belgium, so the whole thing has been a disaster, on top of 2003.
And a Russian woman in the loo just said to me, “The hand dryers are in reality not working, it is not an effect of the wine,” so I now reckon everyone must be trying out the plan.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo’s H1 2017 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp