Blog: Vinexpo - Monday
Olly Wehring | 19 June 2007
This missive from our French correspondent, Sophie Kevany, at this year's VinExpo.
Right, it is only 7pm on day two of Vinexpo 2007, and I am already using the ‘get-energy-back-using-free-Champagne’ plan.
The combined effects of an intense press scuffle this morning around the newly-appointed, but now former, Environment Minister, Alain Juppé - who told the assembled scrum they’d be happier if he was dead - plus no food in the press room and restaurant queues, has left me weak.
I’m sure the South African team are also using the ‘get-energy-back’ plan this evening, having had their wine samples impounded by customs. Their truck is now on its way back to Belgium, so the whole thing has been a disaster, on top of 2003.
And a Russian woman in the loo just said to me, “The hand dryers are in reality not working, it is not an effect of the wine,” so I now reckon everyone must be trying out the plan.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
The US state of Arkansas goes to the polls on 4 November to decide whether to end so-called “dry” counties, meaning ones that don't allow any alcohol sales. About half of the state's 75 counties are a...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp