Blog: Vinexpo - Monday
Olly Wehring | 19 June 2007
This missive from our French correspondent, Sophie Kevany, at this year's VinExpo.
Right, it is only 7pm on day two of Vinexpo 2007, and I am already using the ‘get-energy-back-using-free-Champagne’ plan.
The combined effects of an intense press scuffle this morning around the newly-appointed, but now former, Environment Minister, Alain Juppé - who told the assembled scrum they’d be happier if he was dead - plus no food in the press room and restaurant queues, has left me weak.
I’m sure the South African team are also using the ‘get-energy-back’ plan this evening, having had their wine samples impounded by customs. Their truck is now on its way back to Belgium, so the whole thing has been a disaster, on top of 2003.
And a Russian woman in the loo just said to me, “The hand dryers are in reality not working, it is not an effect of the wine,” so I now reckon everyone must be trying out the plan.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring The Coca-Cola Co and Monster Beverage Corp, Constellation Brands, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Australia's wine producers....
UK brewer Timothy Taylor is back in the headlines after winning 'Champion Beer of Britain' at the Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) today. ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Guinness, Campari, Vitaminwater and Treasury Wine Estates....
Last week C&C Group wasn't best pleased when Polish advertising laws banned it from using it Magners logo on Celtic Football Club's kit for the team's Champions League qualifying match against Legia W...
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- AG Barr poaches Diageo exec to be FD