Blog: Vinexpo boss elicits a press pack w(h)ine
James Wilmore | 6 February 2013
English wines may still be struggling for worldwide recognition, but you would think news of their existence would have reached France by now.
Vinexpo chief executive Robert Beynat upset members of the trade press pack yesterday in London, during a presentation on global wine and spirit trends.
Introducing a table on global per capita wine consumption, Beynat noted that the UK, in tenth place, was "the only non-producing country in the top ten". Cue much spluttering from the assembled hacks. Indeed, one scribe was forced to point out to the Vinexpo chief that his statement was clearly false.
Beynat acknowledged his error with a grin.
The 64-year-old exhibition boss lists his hobbies as "watching bullfighting", so he should be accustomed to a bit of rough-and-tumble.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets