Blog: Vinexpo 2009 - 'It could have been worse'
Olly Wehring | 25 June 2009
A look of palpable relief beamed from the faces of the Vinexpo press team this afternoon, the final day of Bordeaux's signature wine event.
Organisers of the fair relaxed their haunched shoulders as it became clear that visitor figures were not as bad as anticipated and that a spot of surreptitious scouting for opinions on the show floor had yielded warmer-than-expected feedback.
Estimated visitor figures for the bi-annual show are around 46-47,000 for the five days, just-drinks understands. That is down on the 50,000 visitors from 2007, but it is a mark of the economic times that the 2009 figure is considered a positive result.
It could have been worse and many of the organisers feared that it would be, they have subsequently admitted.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends