Blog: Views sought on Alcohol Bill
Olly Wehring | 27 November 2009
The Scottish Health and Sport Committee today (27 November) called for views on minimum pricing following the introduction of the long-awaited Alcohol Bill yesterday.
The committee has said it welcomes evidence from individuals as well as organisations and professional bodies and intends that evidence received will inform its consideration of the Bill at ‘Stage One’.
Following consideration of the written submissions received, the committee said it will agree a programme of oral evidence sessions and may request further written evidence as required.
The closing date for receipt of submissions is 20 January. Those interested in submitting their views can visit the Health and Sport Committee webpage for guidance on how to do so.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends