Blog: Views sought on Alcohol Bill
Olly Wehring | 27 November 2009
The Scottish Health and Sport Committee today (27 November) called for views on minimum pricing following the introduction of the long-awaited Alcohol Bill yesterday.
The committee has said it welcomes evidence from individuals as well as organisations and professional bodies and intends that evidence received will inform its consideration of the Bill at ‘Stage One’.
Following consideration of the written submissions received, the committee said it will agree a programme of oral evidence sessions and may request further written evidence as required.
The closing date for receipt of submissions is 20 January. Those interested in submitting their views can visit the Health and Sport Committee webpage for guidance on how to do so.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends