Blog: Victoria's Bitter
Chris Brook-Carter | 7 April 2004
Everyone’s favourite footballer’s wife might have yet more bad news dumped on her shoulders in the coming weeks. Victoria Beckham is poised to be the focus of a court battle with brewing giant Foster's, who claims that her proposed fashion tag VB contravenes the trademark of one of its beer brands.
Mrs Beckham, who is currently all over the British press following allegations about her husband’s extra-marital exploits, may be forced to ditch the initials if Foster's - whose big-selling drink Victoria Bitter shares the same trademark - win exclusive rights to the moniker.
A spokeswoman for Beckham claims that the singer knew nothing about the VB beer and has yet to confirm whether her clothing line will feature her initials.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research