Blog: Victoria's Bitter
Chris Brook-Carter | 7 April 2004
Everyone’s favourite footballer’s wife might have yet more bad news dumped on her shoulders in the coming weeks. Victoria Beckham is poised to be the focus of a court battle with brewing giant Foster's, who claims that her proposed fashion tag VB contravenes the trademark of one of its beer brands.
Mrs Beckham, who is currently all over the British press following allegations about her husband’s extra-marital exploits, may be forced to ditch the initials if Foster's - whose big-selling drink Victoria Bitter shares the same trademark - win exclusive rights to the moniker.
A spokeswoman for Beckham claims that the singer knew nothing about the VB beer and has yet to confirm whether her clothing line will feature her initials.
The Coca-Cola Co has had its fair share of critics this year, from health campaigners to investor David Winters, who this week called for CEO Muhtar Kent to be replaced....
The UK health lobby is always very vocal on alcohol at this time of year, predictably so, and this year is no different. ...
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday....
Experimentation has long been a watchword in the Scotch whisky industry. It is what has given consumers the huge range of ageing options, from refill hogsheads to virgin oak to Sherry butts....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future