Blog: Victoria's Bitter
Chris Brook-Carter | 7 April 2004
Everyone’s favourite footballer’s wife might have yet more bad news dumped on her shoulders in the coming weeks. Victoria Beckham is poised to be the focus of a court battle with brewing giant Foster's, who claims that her proposed fashion tag VB contravenes the trademark of one of its beer brands.
Mrs Beckham, who is currently all over the British press following allegations about her husband’s extra-marital exploits, may be forced to ditch the initials if Foster's - whose big-selling drink Victoria Bitter shares the same trademark - win exclusive rights to the moniker.
A spokeswoman for Beckham claims that the singer knew nothing about the VB beer and has yet to confirm whether her clothing line will feature her initials.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends