Blog: Victoria's Bitter
Chris Brook-Carter | 7 April 2004
Everyone’s favourite footballer’s wife might have yet more bad news dumped on her shoulders in the coming weeks. Victoria Beckham is poised to be the focus of a court battle with brewing giant Foster's, who claims that her proposed fashion tag VB contravenes the trademark of one of its beer brands.
Mrs Beckham, who is currently all over the British press following allegations about her husband’s extra-marital exploits, may be forced to ditch the initials if Foster's - whose big-selling drink Victoria Bitter shares the same trademark - win exclusive rights to the moniker.
A spokeswoman for Beckham claims that the singer knew nothing about the VB beer and has yet to confirm whether her clothing line will feature her initials.
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring AG Barr, Bombay Sapphire, Wines of South Africa and Pabst Brewing Co....
It seems there's not much in the world that can make people smile these days. Luckily, we're part of an industry that has just been scientifically proven to do just that. ...
Despite accounting for just a small percentage of overall sales, craft beer is making an impression on the US....
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit