Blog: Victoria's Bitter
Chris Brook-Carter | 7 April 2004
Everyone’s favourite footballer’s wife might have yet more bad news dumped on her shoulders in the coming weeks. Victoria Beckham is poised to be the focus of a court battle with brewing giant Foster's, who claims that her proposed fashion tag VB contravenes the trademark of one of its beer brands.
Mrs Beckham, who is currently all over the British press following allegations about her husband’s extra-marital exploits, may be forced to ditch the initials if Foster's - whose big-selling drink Victoria Bitter shares the same trademark - win exclusive rights to the moniker.
A spokeswoman for Beckham claims that the singer knew nothing about the VB beer and has yet to confirm whether her clothing line will feature her initials.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends