Blog: Valentine's Day - say it with… Absinthe?!
Olly Wehring | 12 February 2007
If you haven’t sorted out your Valentine treat for your loved one yet, you’ve not got long now.
Me? I’ve nailed my colours to the mast, convincing my better half that we don’t want to be dragged into such consumer-ist nonsense. Bunches of roses? Chocolates? Cards with cuddling teddy bears? Pah - such silliness is for the masses, darling. So, a bunch of flowers on the 15th will be my form of Valentine rebellion.
Besides, they’ll be much cheaper then.
However, one company has a novel idea for those of you wishing to celebrate your love on Wednesday. eAbsinthe.com is suggesting sending your Romeo or Juliet a choice of Absinthes on Valentine’s Day. With over 70 types of Absinthe from around the world on offer, alongside Absinthe chocolate truffles and Absinthe accessories, it could make a refreshing change.
My sole experience of Absinthe, however, doesn’t suggest romance in any form. In a student bar in St Petersburg, ‘cooking’ a sugar cube in a spoon with a lighter before dropping it into a glass of the stuff before necking it with my then-girlfriend (Unrelated, I’m sure, but we didn’t last).
Have I missed something, dear reader? Is there a more romantic link with this green syrup?
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages