Blog: US$225,000? For a bottle of Tequila? Is that all?!
Olly Wehring | 27 July 2006
By my own admission, I never went into journalism for the money - if that were my motivation I wouldn’t be here now, I’ll tell you that much. Consequently, I’m pretty careful with the cash. I know how much a pint of milk is (41p) and the going rate for a pint of cooking lager in a stereotypical London public house (GBP3).
I often daydream, however, about what it would be like if money were no object. Join me, then, in my little fantasy…
I bought a bottle of Tequila today. It was a bit more than I expected to pay, but what the heck. You only live once. And at least I can now boast to my friends, Farquar and Persephone, that I own the most expensive drink in the world – US$225,000 it cost me!
It’s made by a company called Tequila Ley.925 and is called Pasion Azteca Tequila. They call it ultra-premium, but I’m not so sure. Early next year, they’re releasing a bottle plated with gold, platinum and diamonds, and expect it to go for US$1m at auction.
I might get two…
Ho-hum. Back to the world of dreams.
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research