Blog: US$15m for Coca-Cola's original recipe? Not these days
Andy Morton | 15 May 2013
You can get all sorts of things on eBay - a new laptop, a car, the original recipe for Coca-Cola.
Yes, really. Well, probably. A man called Cliff Kluge claims to have found the soft drinks equivalent of the holy grail in a pile of letters bought at an estate sale in Georgia and is now selling it on the online auction site for up to US$15m.
Sorry, how much?
Cliff is obviously unaware of the declining value of full-sugar cola CSDs that has seen The Coca-Cola Co embrace low- and no-calorie ideals and PepsiCo attempt to reinvent the category with a sweetener shakeup.
Now, if he were to find a recipe for a zero-calorie carbonated soft-drink that uses all-natural ingredients and shifts over a billion cans a day, then I'm sure he could name his price.
I can think of at least two companies that would be very interested.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research