Blog: US: Shooters at dawn
Olly Wehring | 15 January 2008
Next Level Church of Matthews, once described by its lead pastor as having the trademark style of "equal parts rock concert and coffeehouse", has raised the bar yet again. Literally.
The church, known for its Wi-Fi ministry for students, is giving away shot glasses accompanied by an invitation card saying: “Give Us A Shot” in bars and restaurants in an effort to lure in barfolk to its new Ballantyne Campus.
Ballantyne Campus pastor Robbie McLaughlin said that in the past the church has been guilty of expecting people to come approach them, but with this method, it meets them halfway. McLaughlin patronisingly added: “Our goal is that by sharing the message of our church on a shot glass, we are sharing it in their world."
A question for our readers: What message about the church is really being sent here?
For those of you that are interested: The event (?!) kicks off at Elon Park Elementary School, just north of Ardrey Kell Road, 11830 Tom Short Road, on Sunday 10 February.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits