Blog: US: Shooters at dawn
Olly Wehring | 15 January 2008
Next Level Church of Matthews, once described by its lead pastor as having the trademark style of "equal parts rock concert and coffeehouse", has raised the bar yet again. Literally.
The church, known for its Wi-Fi ministry for students, is giving away shot glasses accompanied by an invitation card saying: “Give Us A Shot” in bars and restaurants in an effort to lure in barfolk to its new Ballantyne Campus.
Ballantyne Campus pastor Robbie McLaughlin said that in the past the church has been guilty of expecting people to come approach them, but with this method, it meets them halfway. McLaughlin patronisingly added: “Our goal is that by sharing the message of our church on a shot glass, we are sharing it in their world."
A question for our readers: What message about the church is really being sent here?
For those of you that are interested: The event (?!) kicks off at Elon Park Elementary School, just north of Ardrey Kell Road, 11830 Tom Short Road, on Sunday 10 February.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends