Blog: US: Shooters at dawn
Olly Wehring | 15 January 2008
Next Level Church of Matthews, once described by its lead pastor as having the trademark style of "equal parts rock concert and coffeehouse", has raised the bar yet again. Literally.
The church, known for its Wi-Fi ministry for students, is giving away shot glasses accompanied by an invitation card saying: “Give Us A Shot” in bars and restaurants in an effort to lure in barfolk to its new Ballantyne Campus.
Ballantyne Campus pastor Robbie McLaughlin said that in the past the church has been guilty of expecting people to come approach them, but with this method, it meets them halfway. McLaughlin patronisingly added: “Our goal is that by sharing the message of our church on a shot glass, we are sharing it in their world."
A question for our readers: What message about the church is really being sent here?
For those of you that are interested: The event (?!) kicks off at Elon Park Elementary School, just north of Ardrey Kell Road, 11830 Tom Short Road, on Sunday 10 February.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends