Blog: US: Shooters at dawn
Olly Wehring | 15 January 2008
Next Level Church of Matthews, once described by its lead pastor as having the trademark style of "equal parts rock concert and coffeehouse", has raised the bar yet again. Literally.
The church, known for its Wi-Fi ministry for students, is giving away shot glasses accompanied by an invitation card saying: “Give Us A Shot” in bars and restaurants in an effort to lure in barfolk to its new Ballantyne Campus.
Ballantyne Campus pastor Robbie McLaughlin said that in the past the church has been guilty of expecting people to come approach them, but with this method, it meets them halfway. McLaughlin patronisingly added: “Our goal is that by sharing the message of our church on a shot glass, we are sharing it in their world."
A question for our readers: What message about the church is really being sent here?
For those of you that are interested: The event (?!) kicks off at Elon Park Elementary School, just north of Ardrey Kell Road, 11830 Tom Short Road, on Sunday 10 February.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends