Blog: US: Shooters at dawn
Olly Wehring | 15 January 2008
Next Level Church of Matthews, once described by its lead pastor as having the trademark style of "equal parts rock concert and coffeehouse", has raised the bar yet again. Literally.
The church, known for its Wi-Fi ministry for students, is giving away shot glasses accompanied by an invitation card saying: “Give Us A Shot” in bars and restaurants in an effort to lure in barfolk to its new Ballantyne Campus.
Ballantyne Campus pastor Robbie McLaughlin said that in the past the church has been guilty of expecting people to come approach them, but with this method, it meets them halfway. McLaughlin patronisingly added: “Our goal is that by sharing the message of our church on a shot glass, we are sharing it in their world."
A question for our readers: What message about the church is really being sent here?
For those of you that are interested: The event (?!) kicks off at Elon Park Elementary School, just north of Ardrey Kell Road, 11830 Tom Short Road, on Sunday 10 February.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts