Blog: US senator aims fire at CSDs in TV interview
James Wilmore | 19 February 2014
Last week we reported on the California senator who is aiming to force soft drinks firms to put health warning labels on “sugary” drinks sold in the state.
Today, Senator Bob Monning has given a hard-hitting interview to US cable TV channel CNBC, explaining his motives by the proposed legislation and claims CSDs are the "leading threat to public health" in the country.
The full interview can be viewed here
Sectors: Soft drinks
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this week, Coca-Cola HBC issued its results for 2016. The group saw its 12-month sales rise by 3% on an organic basis, with net profits leaping by over 20%. Here, just-drinks breaks down Coca-...
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Lucozade Ribena Suntory will launch an Original flavour variant under its Lucozade Zero brand in the UK....
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends