Blog: US senator aims fire at CSDs in TV interview
James Wilmore | 19 February 2014
Last week we reported on the California senator who is aiming to force soft drinks firms to put health warning labels on “sugary” drinks sold in the state.
Today, Senator Bob Monning has given a hard-hitting interview to US cable TV channel CNBC, explaining his motives by the proposed legislation and claims CSDs are the "leading threat to public health" in the country.
The full interview can be viewed here
Sectors: Soft drinks
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
China Huiyuan Juice Group has offloaded nine struggling subsidiaries in its home market....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research