Blog: US election: Ale man versus abstainer
James Wilmore | 6 November 2012
Alcohol has often played a role in politics, but will it swing any votes in the US election?
Barack Obama has his own microbrewery in the White House, which surely must impress some brewers. (To prove it's not just a PR stunt, a short video about the brewing process and recipes for the beers were even released).
Meanwhile, Mitt Romney is a tee-totaller, due to his Mormon faith. Although apparently he has "friends who own multinational breweries", according to writer Timothy Egan, who also offers a good overview of past presidents and their levels of indulgence here.
Could America really elect a man who doesn't drink at all? I'm not sure it could happen here in the UK.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits