Blog: Uncool is the new cool - hopefully
Olly Wehring | 17 November 2005
A trip into the Big Smoke (that’s London town) on Tuesday, to an event that, while promoting brands that were cool, left me feeling a tad out of touch with the young folk of today. It’s official – coolness has finally left me.
The CoolBrands CoolLife event was a celebration of the 100 brands that have been dubbed ‘cool,’ by an independent panel of dudes, no doubt. “CoolBrands are brands that have become extremely desirable among many leaders and influencers,” the blurb says. “They have a magic about them signifying that users have an exceptional sense of taste and style.”
So, heartiest congratulations to the following drinks companies, for being cool in 2005: Asahi, Budweiser Budvar, Campari, Cobra Beer, Coca-Cola, Guinness, Havana Club, Hoegaarden, Stella Artois, and mein hosts, Tiger Beer.
The evening included the Campari Red Passion Burlesque Bar, with beds for relaxation; the De’Longhi sound kitchen mixing VJs and DJs; the Dermalogica face mapping station; the Tiger Beer martial arts screening room and stila make-up touch-ups through-out the night. Sounds exhausting, doesn’t it?
I only lasted an hour – far too bright, far too loud, far too cool.
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review