Blog: UK still in recession...
Olly Wehring | 13 November 2009
It seems the eurozone economy has finally emerged from recession.
Figures show that the economy grew 0.4% between July and September after a 0.2% shrinkage between April and June.
The fastest economies were France and Germany, whose economies grew 0.3% and 0.7% respectively.
But while France and Germany are now said to be out of the recession, it seems the UK is still in the thick of it. The country has contracted for six consecutive quarters, proving its crawl out of the depression may take some time.
Analysts have said that the German economy emerged from the recession “earlier and faster” than many had thought. This can be put down to the country’s financial sectors accounting for a smaller proportion of their economies, the BBC reported.
Good news also for Italy, Austria and Slovakia, who also emerged from recession in the third quarter.
Read more about the eurozone's emergence from the recession on the BBC newspage here.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends