Blog: UK still in recession...
Olly Wehring | 13 November 2009
It seems the eurozone economy has finally emerged from recession.
Figures show that the economy grew 0.4% between July and September after a 0.2% shrinkage between April and June.
The fastest economies were France and Germany, whose economies grew 0.3% and 0.7% respectively.
But while France and Germany are now said to be out of the recession, it seems the UK is still in the thick of it. The country has contracted for six consecutive quarters, proving its crawl out of the depression may take some time.
Analysts have said that the German economy emerged from the recession “earlier and faster” than many had thought. This can be put down to the country’s financial sectors accounting for a smaller proportion of their economies, the BBC reported.
Good news also for Italy, Austria and Slovakia, who also emerged from recession in the third quarter.
Read more about the eurozone's emergence from the recession on the BBC newspage here.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research