Blog: UK still in recession...
Olly Wehring | 13 November 2009
It seems the eurozone economy has finally emerged from recession.
Figures show that the economy grew 0.4% between July and September after a 0.2% shrinkage between April and June.
The fastest economies were France and Germany, whose economies grew 0.3% and 0.7% respectively.
But while France and Germany are now said to be out of the recession, it seems the UK is still in the thick of it. The country has contracted for six consecutive quarters, proving its crawl out of the depression may take some time.
Analysts have said that the German economy emerged from the recession “earlier and faster” than many had thought. This can be put down to the country’s financial sectors accounting for a smaller proportion of their economies, the BBC reported.
Good news also for Italy, Austria and Slovakia, who also emerged from recession in the third quarter.
Read more about the eurozone's emergence from the recession on the BBC newspage here.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Boston Beer Co outlines Samuel Adams innovation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends