Blog: UK still in recession...
Olly Wehring | 13 November 2009
It seems the eurozone economy has finally emerged from recession.
Figures show that the economy grew 0.4% between July and September after a 0.2% shrinkage between April and June.
The fastest economies were France and Germany, whose economies grew 0.3% and 0.7% respectively.
But while France and Germany are now said to be out of the recession, it seems the UK is still in the thick of it. The country has contracted for six consecutive quarters, proving its crawl out of the depression may take some time.
Analysts have said that the German economy emerged from the recession “earlier and faster” than many had thought. This can be put down to the country’s financial sectors accounting for a smaller proportion of their economies, the BBC reported.
Good news also for Italy, Austria and Slovakia, who also emerged from recession in the third quarter.
Read more about the eurozone's emergence from the recession on the BBC newspage here.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends