Blog: UK drinkers forever blowing bubbles
Olly Wehring | 1 December 2008
Oh, how I remember how Sunday mornings used to be. Waking up at around midday, with a throbbing head, slightly blurred vision, a mouth that tasted like a cat had slept in it... and some sort of random paraphernalia in the room that had me asking: How did THAT get here?
Yep, Saturday nights were always a drink-filled slice of fun when I was in my 20s.
For drinkers in the north of England, it seems, that slice of fun may lead to them finding bubble blowers by their beds come Sunday morning.
A report in yesterday's (30 November) Observer has said that police in Bolton, Lancashire, are launching a scheme next month where they will hand out free toys to young drinkers as they exit bars and clubs in the city, the idea being that drinkers trying to blow bubbles will be drinkers otherwise pre-occupied from picking fights.
This appears to be from the same school of thought that has seen Manchester police distribute lollipops to stop people shouting in the streets after they've had a skin-full, and seen female drinkers in Devon receive flip-flops to stop them falling in the gutter.
Beats finding a traffic cone in your bed, doesn't it?
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range