Blog: Ugly duckling or swan? - your views welcomed, I think.
Olly Wehring | 16 January 2007
It’s not everyday that I take personal offence to the feedback of our readers here on just-drinks.
Yesterday (15 January), however, I received an email which had me crying for most of the afternoon. Not only would I like to share this with you, which would be cathartic for me, naturally, but I would also like to know if any of you feel the same way about this delicate issue.
Each week, as I’m sure you’re aware, we send out a round-up email of what’s gone on in the last seven days. This email has what I concede is a somewhat harsh - but fair - representation of what I look like, near the top.
“Must your photo always be there when I open the email?” one reader asked yesterday. This subscriber goes on to say that they are “sick to death of looking at it”, and asks that I “please get rid of it”.
So, dear just-drinks reader, you can be honest with me - are you, too, sick of the sight of me? Do I really have the kind of face that only a mother could love?
I’m vulnerable right now, so please be gentle with your honesty.
This week, Diageo held a UK semi-final for its global World Class cocktail competition. ...
The rules have changed. The goal posts have... gone? ...
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US