Blog: Ugly duckling or swan? - your views welcomed, I think.
Olly Wehring | 16 January 2007
It’s not everyday that I take personal offence to the feedback of our readers here on just-drinks.
Yesterday (15 January), however, I received an email which had me crying for most of the afternoon. Not only would I like to share this with you, which would be cathartic for me, naturally, but I would also like to know if any of you feel the same way about this delicate issue.
Each week, as I’m sure you’re aware, we send out a round-up email of what’s gone on in the last seven days. This email has what I concede is a somewhat harsh - but fair - representation of what I look like, near the top.
“Must your photo always be there when I open the email?” one reader asked yesterday. This subscriber goes on to say that they are “sick to death of looking at it”, and asks that I “please get rid of it”.
So, dear just-drinks reader, you can be honest with me - are you, too, sick of the sight of me? Do I really have the kind of face that only a mother could love?
I’m vulnerable right now, so please be gentle with your honesty.
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l