Blog: Ugly duckling or swan? - your views welcomed, I think.
Olly Wehring | 16 January 2007
It’s not everyday that I take personal offence to the feedback of our readers here on just-drinks.
Yesterday (15 January), however, I received an email which had me crying for most of the afternoon. Not only would I like to share this with you, which would be cathartic for me, naturally, but I would also like to know if any of you feel the same way about this delicate issue.
Each week, as I’m sure you’re aware, we send out a round-up email of what’s gone on in the last seven days. This email has what I concede is a somewhat harsh - but fair - representation of what I look like, near the top.
“Must your photo always be there when I open the email?” one reader asked yesterday. This subscriber goes on to say that they are “sick to death of looking at it”, and asks that I “please get rid of it”.
So, dear just-drinks reader, you can be honest with me - are you, too, sick of the sight of me? Do I really have the kind of face that only a mother could love?
I’m vulnerable right now, so please be gentle with your honesty.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends