Blog: Ugly duckling or swan? - your views welcomed, I think.
Olly Wehring | 16 January 2007
It’s not everyday that I take personal offence to the feedback of our readers here on just-drinks.
Yesterday (15 January), however, I received an email which had me crying for most of the afternoon. Not only would I like to share this with you, which would be cathartic for me, naturally, but I would also like to know if any of you feel the same way about this delicate issue.
Each week, as I’m sure you’re aware, we send out a round-up email of what’s gone on in the last seven days. This email has what I concede is a somewhat harsh - but fair - representation of what I look like, near the top.
“Must your photo always be there when I open the email?” one reader asked yesterday. This subscriber goes on to say that they are “sick to death of looking at it”, and asks that I “please get rid of it”.
So, dear just-drinks reader, you can be honest with me - are you, too, sick of the sight of me? Do I really have the kind of face that only a mother could love?
I’m vulnerable right now, so please be gentle with your honesty.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research