Blog: Ugly duckling or swan? - your views welcomed, I think.
Olly Wehring | 16 January 2007
It’s not everyday that I take personal offence to the feedback of our readers here on just-drinks.
Yesterday (15 January), however, I received an email which had me crying for most of the afternoon. Not only would I like to share this with you, which would be cathartic for me, naturally, but I would also like to know if any of you feel the same way about this delicate issue.
Each week, as I’m sure you’re aware, we send out a round-up email of what’s gone on in the last seven days. This email has what I concede is a somewhat harsh - but fair - representation of what I look like, near the top.
“Must your photo always be there when I open the email?” one reader asked yesterday. This subscriber goes on to say that they are “sick to death of looking at it”, and asks that I “please get rid of it”.
So, dear just-drinks reader, you can be honest with me - are you, too, sick of the sight of me? Do I really have the kind of face that only a mother could love?
I’m vulnerable right now, so please be gentle with your honesty.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign