Blog: TV and the drinks trade - what do they have in common?
Andy Morton | 8 September 2015
It's not often you hear the phrase “fantasy-world-inspired” in the drinks trade.
But, I did, today, with the launch of the limited-edition J20 Midnight Forest, a orange, cherry and chocolate juice from Britvic. The new product is obviously trying to cash in on the success of Game of Thrones, the HBO swords, sex and sorcery show that has been a runaway small-screen success. Which made me wonder what other similarities the industry has with TV shows.
- Breaking Bad and the craft spirits segment - A desperate father sick of his job tries his hand at making intoxicating products in a home-made lab, and ends up doing it better than the pros
- Heineken and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. - The height of 1960s sophistication and starring secret agents
- Star Trek and flavoured vodka – Used to be huge but now nowhere to be seen. Came in may different versions
- Entourage and Scotch whisky – Johnnie/Johnny was the real star of the show, though no one seemed to really like him. Got big before ending up being a slight parody of itself
Do you have any of your own?
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Earlier this week, US trade body the Brewers Association released its craft beer volumes and sales figures in the country for 2016. Here, just-drinks provides an overview of the craft beer sector in t...
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Recent research by Euromonitor International into the health & wellness trend in soft drinks shows that the description of 'natural' is very much a self-governed practice: There is not yet any conclus...
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends