Blog: Tough at the top
Chris Brook-Carter | 17 February 2004
Managing a major sports team is often cited as one of the highest pressure jobs going, with job security at a minimum and the chances to complete your long term visions poor.
In this case real life is starting to reflect sport, according to Foster's boss, Ted Kunkel, who this week argued for longer contracts for chief executive appointments.
Kunkel, it seems, believes that current four and five-year tenures for CEOs are too short, market-driven and do not allow for a strategic vision to be implemented. He said strategic visions required up to 10 years to fulfil.
But if there are a tougher lot to please in the short term than sport fans, it is institutional investors, so one wonders if Kunkel's hopes are realistic at all.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends