Blog: Tough at the top
Chris Brook-Carter | 17 February 2004
Managing a major sports team is often cited as one of the highest pressure jobs going, with job security at a minimum and the chances to complete your long term visions poor.
In this case real life is starting to reflect sport, according to Foster's boss, Ted Kunkel, who this week argued for longer contracts for chief executive appointments.
Kunkel, it seems, believes that current four and five-year tenures for CEOs are too short, market-driven and do not allow for a strategic vision to be implemented. He said strategic visions required up to 10 years to fulfil.
But if there are a tougher lot to please in the short term than sport fans, it is institutional investors, so one wonders if Kunkel's hopes are realistic at all.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research