Blog: Tough at the top
Chris Brook-Carter | 17 February 2004
Managing a major sports team is often cited as one of the highest pressure jobs going, with job security at a minimum and the chances to complete your long term visions poor.
In this case real life is starting to reflect sport, according to Foster's boss, Ted Kunkel, who this week argued for longer contracts for chief executive appointments.
Kunkel, it seems, believes that current four and five-year tenures for CEOs are too short, market-driven and do not allow for a strategic vision to be implemented. He said strategic visions required up to 10 years to fulfil.
But if there are a tougher lot to please in the short term than sport fans, it is institutional investors, so one wonders if Kunkel's hopes are realistic at all.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends