Blog: Tom Flocco - Bye bye Beam
Olly Wehring | 24 October 2008
I was sorry to read today (24 October) that Tom Flocco is to stand down as president and CEO of Beam Global Spirits & Wine.
I've met Tom on the one occasion, and spoken to him several times in the last 12 months. The first time was when he called me up on the day Pernod beat Beam Global to win Vin & Sprit, back in April. He was as candid and honest about the situation then, as he was when I met up with him when he came to Scotland in May, to attend the World Whisky Conference, an occasion that became our interview of the month.
Last month, Tom again called me, to discuss the end of Future Brands, and what plans Beam had in place for the demise of Maxxium.
Whilst Tom was very upbeat in September about Beam Global's prospects, it would appear he feels the time is right to hand over the tiller, after over four years at the helm.
Tom leaves the drinks industry with my best wishes, and my gratitude for both his openness and accessibility.
And, for a CEO, that says an awful lot.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research