Blog: Tom Flocco - Bye bye Beam
Olly Wehring | 24 October 2008
I was sorry to read today (24 October) that Tom Flocco is to stand down as president and CEO of Beam Global Spirits & Wine.
I've met Tom on the one occasion, and spoken to him several times in the last 12 months. The first time was when he called me up on the day Pernod beat Beam Global to win Vin & Sprit, back in April. He was as candid and honest about the situation then, as he was when I met up with him when he came to Scotland in May, to attend the World Whisky Conference, an occasion that became our interview of the month.
Last month, Tom again called me, to discuss the end of Future Brands, and what plans Beam had in place for the demise of Maxxium.
Whilst Tom was very upbeat in September about Beam Global's prospects, it would appear he feels the time is right to hand over the tiller, after over four years at the helm.
Tom leaves the drinks industry with my best wishes, and my gratitude for both his openness and accessibility.
And, for a CEO, that says an awful lot.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends