Blog: Tom Flocco - Bye bye Beam
Olly Wehring | 24 October 2008
I was sorry to read today (24 October) that Tom Flocco is to stand down as president and CEO of Beam Global Spirits & Wine.
I've met Tom on the one occasion, and spoken to him several times in the last 12 months. The first time was when he called me up on the day Pernod beat Beam Global to win Vin & Sprit, back in April. He was as candid and honest about the situation then, as he was when I met up with him when he came to Scotland in May, to attend the World Whisky Conference, an occasion that became our interview of the month.
Last month, Tom again called me, to discuss the end of Future Brands, and what plans Beam had in place for the demise of Maxxium.
Whilst Tom was very upbeat in September about Beam Global's prospects, it would appear he feels the time is right to hand over the tiller, after over four years at the helm.
Tom leaves the drinks industry with my best wishes, and my gratitude for both his openness and accessibility.
And, for a CEO, that says an awful lot.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends