Blog: Tom Cruise IS PepsiCo
Olly Wehring | 4 June 2009
I trust many of you, like myself, are enjoying the push-me pull-you between PepsiCo and the bottlers PepsiAmericas and Pepsi Bottling Group.
The latest development, yesterday (3 June), saw PepsiCo claim that it has “a track record of being a disciplined buyer and will maintain that disciplined approach in this transaction”. To me, that looks clearly like a warning that it will not up its bid for the two companies.
Do you believe them? I don't. The number of protracted takeover bids that have followed this saga-like process and have still completed outnumbers those that haven't rather considerably.
Either way, I wouldn't be surprised that this sort of conversation will soon be had between the two sides, if it hasn't already.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends