Blog: Tom Cruise IS PepsiCo
Olly Wehring | 4 June 2009
I trust many of you, like myself, are enjoying the push-me pull-you between PepsiCo and the bottlers PepsiAmericas and Pepsi Bottling Group.
The latest development, yesterday (3 June), saw PepsiCo claim that it has “a track record of being a disciplined buyer and will maintain that disciplined approach in this transaction”. To me, that looks clearly like a warning that it will not up its bid for the two companies.
Do you believe them? I don't. The number of protracted takeover bids that have followed this saga-like process and have still completed outnumbers those that haven't rather considerably.
Either way, I wouldn't be surprised that this sort of conversation will soon be had between the two sides, if it hasn't already.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends