Blog: Tom Cruise IS PepsiCo
Olly Wehring | 4 June 2009
I trust many of you, like myself, are enjoying the push-me pull-you between PepsiCo and the bottlers PepsiAmericas and Pepsi Bottling Group.
The latest development, yesterday (3 June), saw PepsiCo claim that it has “a track record of being a disciplined buyer and will maintain that disciplined approach in this transaction”. To me, that looks clearly like a warning that it will not up its bid for the two companies.
Do you believe them? I don't. The number of protracted takeover bids that have followed this saga-like process and have still completed outnumbers those that haven't rather considerably.
Either way, I wouldn't be surprised that this sort of conversation will soon be had between the two sides, if it hasn't already.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research