Blog: To the morgue for Thai drink drivers
Lucy Britner | 12 April 2016
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving?
According to the BBC, officials in Thailand have said drunk-drivers could find themselves dealing with the dead, after a measure to allow courts the option of sending them to work in morgues was rubber-stamped by authorities.
"It is aimed to be a deterrent, a way to discourage people," police colonel Kriangdej Jantarawong told the website.
According to the World Health Organisation, 24,000 people die a year on Thai roads. For context, that figure was 1,780 in the UK last year.
The move in Thailand comes as the country prepares to celebrate Songkran. Apparently the week before is called 'Seven Deadly Days' because of the huge number of road accidents.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Rossi D'Asiago has added a 5cl version of its Antica Sambuca Classic to the brand's offering, as it looks to boost sales in the Global Travel Retail channel....
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends