Blog: To duty free or not to duty free?
Olly Wehring | 13 July 2010
A query from a just-drinks member. Any ideas, folks?
"I was recently at Schipol and Barcelona airport duty free shops. The signage on the liqours stated the prices were for 'ALL DESTINATIONS'. In the past, there was inside Europe pricing and outside Europe pricing.
My question is what taxes are included in the prices? VAT/local Dutch or Spanish alcohol taxes?"
Answers to news@just-drinks, please.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Campari’s H1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research