Blog: Tips for Coke and Pepsi in India
Olly Wehring | 30 August 2006
One thing that the Coke/Pepsi pesticide debate has thrown up is a wealth of so-called experts giving their opinion on how best to handle the furore.
Naturally, the two soft drinks giants must be incredibly grateful to have all these tips after the event. But before I give you what I think is my favourite piece of advice on this situation, let me wade in with my opinion, which is this:
Never forget that India - like China - is totally different to any other market on this planet. What may have worked in the past might not necessarily work here. The rewards offered in India are potentially unlike any we’ve known, but so is the market.
And the winner of the best nugget to help Coke and Pepsi has to go to this, anonymous, head of an Indian marketing consultants: “The best way to handle controversies is to not allow them to develop in the first place.”
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research