Blog: Timothy Taylor gets into the groove with Champion Beer of Britain win
James Wilmore | 12 August 2014
UK brewer Timothy Taylor is back in the headlines after winning 'Champion Beer of Britain' at the Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) today.
The Keighley, West Yorkshire-based firm, was recognised with the top award for its 4% bitter, Boltmaker - named after a favourite pub of the owners. But it's not the first time Timothy Taylor has attracted media attention in recent times. You may recall that around 10 years ago, Madonna, no less, revealed that the brewer's Landlord beer was her favourite tipple.
(Landlord itself is a former winner of the Champion Beer of Britain award, handed out by consumer group the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).)
I'm sure the folk at Timothy Taylor will be more comfortable the recognition this time is for the quality of their beer, instead of a celebrity endorsement. Even so, a link to one of the planet's most famous women can be no bad thing.
For a full list of winners at GBBF, across seven different beer categories, click here
Sectors: Beer & cider
Earlier today, Diageo reported a lift in full-year net profits on flat sales and dipping volumes. Here just-drinks takes a look at the figures for each of the group's regions:...
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
Today, Anheuser-Busch InBev reported a slight lift in half-year profits on disappointing sales and volumes. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's performance in its global markets:...
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research