Blog: Timothy Taylor gets into the groove with Champion Beer of Britain win
James Wilmore | 12 August 2014
UK brewer Timothy Taylor is back in the headlines after winning 'Champion Beer of Britain' at the Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) today.
The Keighley, West Yorkshire-based firm, was recognised with the top award for its 4% bitter, Boltmaker - named after a favourite pub of the owners. But it's not the first time Timothy Taylor has attracted media attention in recent times. You may recall that around 10 years ago, Madonna, no less, revealed that the brewer's Landlord beer was her favourite tipple.
(Landlord itself is a former winner of the Champion Beer of Britain award, handed out by consumer group the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).)
I'm sure the folk at Timothy Taylor will be more comfortable the recognition this time is for the quality of their beer, instead of a celebrity endorsement. Even so, a link to one of the planet's most famous women can be no bad thing.
For a full list of winners at GBBF, across seven different beer categories, click here
Sectors: Beer & cider
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer