Blog: Timothy Taylor gets into the groove with Champion Beer of Britain win
James Wilmore | 12 August 2014
UK brewer Timothy Taylor is back in the headlines after winning 'Champion Beer of Britain' at the Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) today.
The Keighley, West Yorkshire-based firm, was recognised with the top award for its 4% bitter, Boltmaker - named after a favourite pub of the owners. But it's not the first time Timothy Taylor has attracted media attention in recent times. You may recall that around 10 years ago, Madonna, no less, revealed that the brewer's Landlord beer was her favourite tipple.
(Landlord itself is a former winner of the Champion Beer of Britain award, handed out by consumer group the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).)
I'm sure the folk at Timothy Taylor will be more comfortable the recognition this time is for the quality of their beer, instead of a celebrity endorsement. Even so, a link to one of the planet's most famous women can be no bad thing.
For a full list of winners at GBBF, across seven different beer categories, click here
Sectors: Beer & cider
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
Molson Coors has announced a GBP2.8m (US$4.3m) marketing campaign for its Coors Light brand in the UK...
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research