Blog: Timothy Taylor gets into the groove with Champion Beer of Britain win
James Wilmore | 12 August 2014
UK brewer Timothy Taylor is back in the headlines after winning 'Champion Beer of Britain' at the Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) today.
The Keighley, West Yorkshire-based firm, was recognised with the top award for its 4% bitter, Boltmaker - named after a favourite pub of the owners. But it's not the first time Timothy Taylor has attracted media attention in recent times. You may recall that around 10 years ago, Madonna, no less, revealed that the brewer's Landlord beer was her favourite tipple.
(Landlord itself is a former winner of the Champion Beer of Britain award, handed out by consumer group the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).)
I'm sure the folk at Timothy Taylor will be more comfortable the recognition this time is for the quality of their beer, instead of a celebrity endorsement. Even so, a link to one of the planet's most famous women can be no bad thing.
For a full list of winners at GBBF, across seven different beer categories, click here
Sectors: Beer & cider
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends