Blog: Timothy Taylor gets into the groove with Champion Beer of Britain win
James Wilmore | 12 August 2014
UK brewer Timothy Taylor is back in the headlines after winning 'Champion Beer of Britain' at the Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) today.
The Keighley, West Yorkshire-based firm, was recognised with the top award for its 4% bitter, Boltmaker - named after a favourite pub of the owners. But it's not the first time Timothy Taylor has attracted media attention in recent times. You may recall that around 10 years ago, Madonna, no less, revealed that the brewer's Landlord beer was her favourite tipple.
(Landlord itself is a former winner of the Champion Beer of Britain award, handed out by consumer group the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).)
I'm sure the folk at Timothy Taylor will be more comfortable the recognition this time is for the quality of their beer, instead of a celebrity endorsement. Even so, a link to one of the planet's most famous women can be no bad thing.
For a full list of winners at GBBF, across seven different beer categories, click here
Sectors: Beer & cider
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research