Blog: This one’s for all you lovers out there
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 January 2005
Now, I know it’s not even the end of January, but it pays to get in early. Stella Artois has today issued hints for ladies on how to woo their fellas this Valentine’s Day.
“Want to know the way to your man’s heart this Valentine's Day?” the company asks. “It’s beer.” Hmm, thought so.
“Beer is to men as roses and chocolates are to women,” the brewer continues. And to help you “romance your Romeo,” Stella goes on to give a recipe for “Mussels for Lovers.” So, as a public service:
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
2 finely minced garlic cloves
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 1/2 pounds mussels, thoroughly cleaned and bearded
1/3 cup Stella Artois
1 cup heavy cream
freshly ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon finely minced parsley
1 Tablespoon finely minced chives
Melt the butter in a pot large enough to hold all the mussels, the instructions begin. Add the shallots, garlic and curry powder and saute for about 3 minutes. Add the mussels and sprinkle with a generous grinding of black pepper.
Pour the beer and the cream over the mussels and cover the pot tightly. Steam the mussels over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until they open. Take off the heat. Shake the pot vigorously to toss the mussels with the buttery vegetables. Garnish with the parsley and chives.
Serve at once with "Belgian" frites (fries) or a crusty loaf of bread and of course, plenty of refreshing Stella Artois.
Let us know if it works. Although if your man ends up with wind and smelling of fish, don’t blame us.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends