Blog: This nearly happened today...
Olly Wehring | 28 June 2011
Among the many stories we cover here on just-drinks are announcements of advertising campaigns. Be they TV, out-of-home or print, we endeavour to cover as many of these as we can.
However, it now appears that we ought to consider announcements of advertising campaigns that companies have not quite succeeded in setting up.
A release yesterday (27 June) from the Hill Smith family, owners of the Oxford Landing Australian wine brand, gave details of how they had hoped to secure a tie-up here in London with the owner of the Underground, Transport for London.
I'll let the video detail their plans, which were turned down by TFL because "our stations aren't for sale", apparently. But, I will say this: If we're going to have to report on things that didn't quite happen, I'm going to need a bigger crew.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends