Blog: This Bud’s not for you … if you work for Miller
Chris Brook-Carter | 14 February 2005
Just how far should your loyalty to the man who pays your salary extend? Here at just-drinks, the debate usually only extends as far as whether I should have to wear a just-drinks branded shirt to trade fairs.
But a man from Wisconsin claims he was fired from his job with a Miller Brewing distributor after he was pictured in a local newspaper drinking a Bud Light.
Isac Aguero, 24, had been a forklift operator at CJW Inc. for four years. He said that he was informed by co-workers when he arrived at work that he was in trouble because of the picture.
“It was a Saturday and I wasn't at work,” he told The Journal Times in Wisconsin. “They can’t tell me what beverages I can drink.”
Maybe they can’t tell you what to drink, Mr Aguero, but don’t cross ‘em.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits