Blog: This Bud’s not for you … if you work for Miller
Chris Brook-Carter | 14 February 2005
Just how far should your loyalty to the man who pays your salary extend? Here at just-drinks, the debate usually only extends as far as whether I should have to wear a just-drinks branded shirt to trade fairs.
But a man from Wisconsin claims he was fired from his job with a Miller Brewing distributor after he was pictured in a local newspaper drinking a Bud Light.
Isac Aguero, 24, had been a forklift operator at CJW Inc. for four years. He said that he was informed by co-workers when he arrived at work that he was in trouble because of the picture.
“It was a Saturday and I wasn't at work,” he told The Journal Times in Wisconsin. “They can’t tell me what beverages I can drink.”
Maybe they can’t tell you what to drink, Mr Aguero, but don’t cross ‘em.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends