Blog: This Bud’s not for you … if you work for Miller
Chris Brook-Carter | 14 February 2005
Just how far should your loyalty to the man who pays your salary extend? Here at just-drinks, the debate usually only extends as far as whether I should have to wear a just-drinks branded shirt to trade fairs.
But a man from Wisconsin claims he was fired from his job with a Miller Brewing distributor after he was pictured in a local newspaper drinking a Bud Light.
Isac Aguero, 24, had been a forklift operator at CJW Inc. for four years. He said that he was informed by co-workers when he arrived at work that he was in trouble because of the picture.
“It was a Saturday and I wasn't at work,” he told The Journal Times in Wisconsin. “They can’t tell me what beverages I can drink.”
Maybe they can’t tell you what to drink, Mr Aguero, but don’t cross ‘em.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research