Blog: This Bud’s not for you … if you work for Miller
Chris Brook-Carter | 14 February 2005
Just how far should your loyalty to the man who pays your salary extend? Here at just-drinks, the debate usually only extends as far as whether I should have to wear a just-drinks branded shirt to trade fairs.
But a man from Wisconsin claims he was fired from his job with a Miller Brewing distributor after he was pictured in a local newspaper drinking a Bud Light.
Isac Aguero, 24, had been a forklift operator at CJW Inc. for four years. He said that he was informed by co-workers when he arrived at work that he was in trouble because of the picture.
“It was a Saturday and I wasn't at work,” he told The Journal Times in Wisconsin. “They can’t tell me what beverages I can drink.”
Maybe they can’t tell you what to drink, Mr Aguero, but don’t cross ‘em.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends