Blog: This Bud’s not for you … if you work for Miller
Chris Brook-Carter | 14 February 2005
Just how far should your loyalty to the man who pays your salary extend? Here at just-drinks, the debate usually only extends as far as whether I should have to wear a just-drinks branded shirt to trade fairs.
But a man from Wisconsin claims he was fired from his job with a Miller Brewing distributor after he was pictured in a local newspaper drinking a Bud Light.
Isac Aguero, 24, had been a forklift operator at CJW Inc. for four years. He said that he was informed by co-workers when he arrived at work that he was in trouble because of the picture.
“It was a Saturday and I wasn't at work,” he told The Journal Times in Wisconsin. “They can’t tell me what beverages I can drink.”
Maybe they can’t tell you what to drink, Mr Aguero, but don’t cross ‘em.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends